Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block New Delhi
Dated the 16th June, 2014
Subject: Amendment of Government of India’s Resolution No. 89 published in the Gazette of India Part I Section 1, Extraordinary dated 21 St April, 2004(read with corrigendum dated 29th April, 2004) commonly known as the Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) Resolution-regarding
In continuation of this Department’s OM of even No. dated 3rd September, 2013 on the above subject, the undersigned is directed to enclose herewith a copy of Procedure for handling of complaints under Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI) Resolution to be followed by the Chief Vigilance Officers of the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India who have been authorized as the Designated Authority to receive written complaint or disclosure on any allegation of corruption or misuse of office by or under any Central Act, Government companies, societies or local authorities owned or controlled by the Central Government and falling under the jurisdiction of that Ministry or the Department.
2. The CVOs in the Ministries or Department, either on the application of the complainant or on the basis of the information gathered, is of the opinion that either the complainant or the witnesses need protection, they shall take up the matter with the Central Vigilance Commission(CVC), of issuing appropriate directions to the authorities concerned.
3. It is requested to give wide publicity to the Procedure for handling of complaints under PIDPI Resolution by placing it along with the name and designation of the designated authorities on the website of Ministries as well as of the organizations under the Ministries. A copy of the PIDPI Resolution No. 89 dated 21st April, 2004 and Amendment Resolution No. 190 dated 29.8.2013 is also enclosed
Encl: As above.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Dopt issued guidelines regarding the protection of Public Interest Disclosure & Protection of Informers’ Resolution — 2004 (PIDPI)
- Over 62,000 corruption complaints received in Central Vigilance Commission last year
- DoPT orders 2019 – Guidelines of suo motu disclosure under Section 4 of RTI Act, 2005
- Dopt Orders – Disclosure of personal information under the RTI Act, 2005
- Disclosure of information under RTI
- Personal information under RTI Act
- General Provident Fund interest at the rate of 8% from 1st April 2019 to 30th June 2019 – DEA Resolution
- Uploading of RTI replies on the respective websites of Ministries/Departments
- Duplicity requests on RTI – Dopt advised to upload most often requests on the websites of all Departments