Ex-Servicemen : Family pensioner is charged with the offence of murdering the Government servant or abetting – Suspension of family pension
F. No. 2(3)/2021/D (Pen/Pol)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Room No. 222, ‘B’ Wing,
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
Dated: 05th January, 2022
The Chief of the Defence Staff
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Allowing family pension to other eligible family member in the event of family pensioner is charged with the offence of murdering the Government servant or for abetting in the commission of such an offence.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the provisions contained in DoP&PW D.M. No. 1/24/2019-P&PW(E) dated 16.06.2021 allowing family pension to other eligible family member in the event of family pensioner is charged with the offence of murdering the Government servant or for abetting in the commission of such an offence.
In terms of Regulation No. 75 of Pension Regulations for the Army, Part- I, 2008 in the event of an eligible member to receive ordinary family pension under these Regulations is charged with the offence of murdering the service personnel or for abetting in the commission of such an offence, the claim of such a person including other eligible member or members of the family to receive ordinary family pension, shall remain suspended till the conclusion of the criminal proceedings instituted against him.
The above provisions have been reviewed and it has been decided that the provisions contained in above mentioned DoP&PW D.M. dated 16th June, 2021 shall mutatis-mutandis apply to Armed Forces Pensioners also, These provisions shall be applicable with effect from 16 June 2021,
The relevant provisions of Pension Regulations of the three Services shall stand modified to the extent mentioned in DoP&PW OM dated 16th June, 2021.
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their UO Note No. 10(06)/2021/Fin/Pen dated 08.12.2021.
Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- How to apply for granting family pension on the death of Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Minimum 7 years of continuous qualifying service is required for grant of enhanced rate of Family Pension for the Armed Forces personnel
- Grant of Dual Family Pension i.e. OFP from Military Side as well as SFP/ LFP for re-employed Military service -Defence
- Grant of Family Pension and Gratuity to the eligible member of the family of any employee/pensioner
- Payment of Arrears of family pension
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Grant of family pension and gratuity to the eligible member of the family of an employee/pensioner/family pensioner reported missing consolidated instructions – reg.
- Eligibility of Unmarried Daughters of Armed Forces personnel for grant of Family Pension beyond 25 years of Age
- Payment of family pension in respect of a child suffering from a disorder or disability of mind through the person nominated by the Government servant, pensioner, family pensioner
- Clarificatory OM for payment of two family pensions on death attributable to Government Service of a re-employed pensioner