Allow to Revise Option Exercised under Rule 6 – NC JCM writes to DoPT
“Allow the employees to revise their option once exercised under Rule 6 of the Revised Pay Rules 2016”.
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultation, Machinery
For Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
E.Mail : [email protected]
January 16, 2018
Shri Gyanendra Dev Tripathi,
Jt. Secretary (E)
Department of Personnel & Training,
North Block, New Delhi
Kindly refer to the discussion, the Staff Side had with you on 12.1.2018 in the National Anomaly Committee meeting. During the discussion, over the admissibility or otherwise of the anomaly items, incidentally, we had represented to the request made by us to allow the employees to revise their option once exercised under Rule 6 of the Revised Pay Rules 2016. We send herewith copy of our communications sent to the Secretary Expenditure in this regard.
As has been pointed out by us, in our letter cited, the interpretation of the benefit of option had been at variance with consequent loss of emoluments to the employees. The intention of the Rules are often ambiguous. In similar situation both at the time of 5th CPC and 6th CPC on our request the Govt. had been good enough to permit revision of option. In the case of 6th CPC the Notification was issued in 2008 (in September 2008) and the option was allowed to be revised up to 31/12/2010, giving benefit for all employees who were promoted / granted ACP / MACP or granted increment up to 31/12/2010.
We therefore request you to kindly allow revision of option to switch over to 7th CPC pay scales / pay matrix to be exercised within three months of the issuance of the orders permitting such revision.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- DoE: Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- Confusion Continues in Promotion Option after Finance Ministry order
- Army officers revised pay structure Opportunity for revision
- Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – opportunity for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- Pay Rules / Regulations 2017 for Army / Navy / Air force officers, MNS, JCOs / OR & Equivalent for revision of option to come over to revised pay structure
- Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008
- Finmin Order 2013 : Re-exercise of option under Rule 6 of the CSS (RP) Rules, 2008, in case of employees covered under the OM dated 19.3.2012
- Exercise option within Three Months of the Date of Notification
- 7th CPC Pay Revision of Option for Railway Employees