Pay matrix ECG Technicians in Railways
The Secretary (E)
Sub: Allotment of qualification based pay matrix – ECG Technicians in Railways.
Ref: (i) Railway Board’s reply to GS/ NFIR vide letter No.PC-VII/2018/R-U/8 dated IR’s letter No.II/1/2019 dated 30th March, 2019 and 18th April, 2019 to the Railway Board.
(iii) NFIR’s PNM agenda item No.25 (sent to Railway Board on 29th May, 2019).
Kind attention is invited to the references cited above, on the above subject relating to allotment of qualification based pay matrix to the ECG Technicians in railways. Federation once again furnishes below, the important facts relating to the demand for granting higher entry grade pay to the ECG Technician category with appropriate cadre structure for their growth.
- The ECG Technicians appointed in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi (under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) have never been in possession of the standard qualification relating to the job expected from an ECG Technician, while in Railways, the ECG Technicians possess “Diploma in ECG Lab Technology”.
- ECG Technicians in Railways have never been treated atleast equal to those working in the Central Government Hospitals and have rather been treated inferior. This negative situation has been prevailing since the period of 3rd CPC.
- The DR qualification prescribed for the post of Sr. ECG Technician pay scale Rs.1400-2600 (IV CPC)/5000-8000) V CPC)/ PB-2 GP 4200 (VI CPC)/ Pay Level-6 in 7th CPC in Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital is Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Physics with one year experience in handling cardiological equipment or 3 years Diploma Course in Electronics/ Electrical communication Engineering. Whereas in Railways, though the qualification for the post of ECG Technician got revised during 6th CPC regime to Degree in Science plus Diploma in ECG Lab Technology/ Cardiology/ Cardiology Technician/ Cardiology Techniques of reputed institution [refer Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)II/2001/RR/45 Pt. A dated 29/09/2015], this category has not been treated at par with those ECG Technicians of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
NFIR therefore requests the Railway Board to take action for revising the pay structure of ECG Technicians of railways for the purpose of providing entry grade pay 4200/Level 6 of pay matrix with further avenue of promotion to pay level 7, similar to the pay structure of ECG Technicians of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC recommends that Junior ECG Technicians to get higher grade pay
- Change of designation of ECG & Holter Technicians working in Railway Hospitals – allotment of Qualification based pay structure-reg.
- Allotment of Qualification based Pay Matrix – ECG Technicians in Railways – NFIR
- Induction training of Engineering Degree/Diploma Holder Compassionate appointees
- Percentage of Posts in Technicians Category in Railways (Skilled to MCM): NFIR
- 7th CPC – Revision of the rates of Breakdown Allowance
- Railway Board Orders – Clarification regarding acceptance of qualification of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering obtained from Kuban State University of Technology Krasnodar.
- NFIR – Creation of the posts of Driver-cum- Technician in the Track Machine organization on Indian Railways
- Revision of rates of stipend to apprentices and trainees on Railways