AIRF organize a countrywide “Jan Jagran Abhiyan” from 3rd to 18 Sept, 2014 in all over Indian Railway by AIRF affiliates and on 19th Sept, 2014 the countrywide “All India Protest Day”…
Press Release of AIRF on the eve of” ALL INDIA PROTEST DAY ON 19.09.2014″.
New Delhi,18 Sept4 2014
Shri Shiva Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, All India Railwaymen’s Federation said that inspite of the continuous negotiation with the Government of India & Railway Ministry, the genuine pending demands of the Ratiwaymen has not so far been resolved & lying as unattended.
Shri. Mishra further said that the 36 points charter of demands was discussed in the Central Council Meeting of AIRF on 3-4 July 2014 at and also on Working committee Meeting of AIRF held on 25-26 Aug, 2014 at Nanital, where the serious concern over the 36 point Charter of demand were engaged the attention of all members. The major demands are as regards- Scrapping New Pension Scheme, Filing up of the lakh of the Vacancies in Railways, Stop privatization & contractization in Railways, Removal of the ceiling limit of Rs. 3500/- for calculation of the Productivity Linked Bonus, Removal of anomalies of VI CPC, Merger of Dearness Allowances, Interim Relief not yet granted although, the demand were raised in JCM forum, Redressai of pending problems of Running staff, stop Anti labour amendment in the various labour laws such as I.D Act. Factory Act, and Apprentice Act etc, Employment of ward of Railway employees. Exemption limit on Income Tax be raised to Rs. 5 Lakh, Provision of basic amentias to the women workers at their work place etc,
Shri Mishra further mentioned that there is great resentment amongst the Railway Workers on the account of the unattended charter of demands in general and FDI, PPP in particular. The FDI, will definitely not be beneficial to the Indian Railway system and the Government decision is aimed to divide the activities of Railway into two different mode of functioning and hand it over to Multi National Private Companies through this dis-investmeflt & Privatization.
The Anti labour attitude of the Railway Ministry & Govt. of India has compelled us to organize a countrywide “Jan Jagran Abhiyan” from 3rd to 18 Sept, 2014 in all over Indian Railway by AIRF affiliates and on 19th Sept, 2014 the countrywide “All India Protest Day” wifl be organized in front of All the Administrative Officers of Zonal Railway, workshop, Production units, station etc,. if the genuine demands of the Railwaymen are not addressed properly by the Govt of India and Railway Ministry, the Railway employee will be compelled to March for indefinite Strike as done in the past in year of 1974 for which Govt. of India / Railway Ministry will be responsible.
For General Secretary
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Strike Call on 11th April 2016 – 95% Railway employees want strike – Strike Ballot conducted by AIRF on 11th and 12th of February 2016
- AIRF decides “Indefinite Strike” on Indian Railways
- Bibek Debroy committee report created panic amongst Railwaymen and passengers – AIRF
- Stage Dharna today against New Pension Scheme
- Letter addressed to Minister for Railways on Charter of Demands – AIRF / NFIR
- Support to “General Strike” proposed by the Central Trade Unions – AIRF
- Lakhs of Railway Employees participated today in 3 days Protest Programme – AIRF
- 7th CPC, Merger of DA, Removal of ceiling of Bonus etc. included in Common Charter of demands for Joint Council of Action by Confederation, AIRF & AIDEF
- AIRF warns of all India stir on Dec 21, 22