ALL CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WILL HAVE TO COMPULSORILY SUBMIT THEIR ASSETS AND LIABILITIES
All Central Government employees will now have to compulsorily submit a detailed report on their properties and debt owed by them…
Already, each year, the Group-A officials are required to submit information about the immovable properties owned by them. Now All categories of Central Government employees too have been asked to submit these details. The DOPT has issued relevant orders to this effect.
The Government has issued this order in accordance with the Lokpal rules. According to this rule, Central Government employees will now have to submit all details regarding the cash-in-hand, bank investments, share certificates, stocks and bonds, mutual fund investments, insurance policies, P.F. details, loans, motor vehicles, gold and silver ornaments, and precious metals, to the Government.
The employees have to also submit details of movable and immovable properties owned by their spouses and children. Application forms will be given to all the employees, to be filled up and submitted before the 31st of July for each financial year.
There are more than 50 lakh Central Government employees, including IAS, IPS and IFS officers, all over the country. All of them will have to henceforth submit details of their properties. If the total property owned by the employee is less than his/her four months’ basic salary, or if the total amount is less than Rs. 2 lakhs, then he/she could be considered for exemption from submitting the information.
Those who have already submitted the details will have to re-submit the form for the current financial year on or before September 15, 2014. Information also has to be furnished about the properties owned by the spouse and children.
On January 1, President Pranab Mukherjee gave his approval for the Lokpal Act and regulations. Following this, amendments were made to the Lokpal Act to make it compulsory for all Central Government employees to furnish their property details.
Related to Your Search:
- Delhi High Court Grants Interim Ban on Providing Information about Assets Owned by Central Government Employees’ Spouses
- Dopt clarification orders regarding declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
- The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013- Submission of declaration of assets and liabilities by CSS officers for each year – regarding.
- Identification of Benami Properties
- Central government employees to declare details of foreign accounts under Lokpal Act
- CCS (Conduct) Rules – Filing of annual Immovable Property Returns – Dopt Orders 2015
- Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 and the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – Submission of Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by the Public Servant for each year – Regarding
- New Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018 launched by the Income Tax Department
- Central government employees asked to file Lokpal property returns after office hours, on holidays