AIRF writes to Railway Board regarding grant of financial upgradation under MACPS to Pharmacists.
ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION
4, STATE ENTRY ROAD, NEW DELHI, INDIA
Dated: September 2, 2013
The Member Staff,
Sub: Grant of financial upgradation under MACPS to Pharmacists
Pursuant to decision, taken in the National Council(JCM) in respect of Pharmacists, to place them in Grade
Pay of Rs.4200(PB-II) on completion of two years’ regular service without insisting on any Selection/ Suitability Test etc., who are initially recruited in PB-I with GP Rs.2800, All India Railwaymen’s Federation vide letters dated 22.02.2012, 24.04.2012 and 04.05.2012 have been persistently demanding that the initial recruitment grade of the Pharmacists needs to be taken as Grade Pay Rs.4200(PB-II) in place of G. Rs.2800(PB-I) for the purpose of granting financial upgradation under MACPS.
AIRF has repeatedly contented that considering the educational qualification, prescribed for the Pharmacists, which is 10+2(with PCM) + Diploma in Pharmacy with Experience, it was rightly decided to place them in PB-II with GP Rs.4200 just after formal completion of two years’ regular service, which should not be construed as “Promotion” for the purpose of financial upgradation under MACPS as they are not required to undergo any Selection/Modified Selection/Suitability Test etc. while placing them in PB-II with GP Rs.4200.
AIRF is, therefore, of the firm view that the aforesaid placement of the Pharmacists in PB-II with GP Rs.4200 on completion of two years’ service can no way be treated as “Promotion” while granting them benefit of financial upgradation under MACPS.
It is, therefore, urged that, in case of Pharmacists, the recruitment grade should be considered as PB-II with GP Rs.4200 instead of PB-I GP Rs.2800 for the purpose of granting them benefit of financial upgradation under MACPS and necessary clarification to this effect may be issued to all the Railway administrations for immediately implementing the same under advise to this office.
An early action in the matter shall be highly appreciated.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Source : AIRF
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of MACPS to Goods Guards category – Railway Board Order
- Implementation of MACP Scheme over Indian Railways – Discrepancies
- Recommendations of 7th CPC on benchmark for the purpose of MACPS – Clarification
- Memorandum By IRTSA to Railway Board Regarding 3rd MACP after 20 years of First Promotion or 10 years after 2nd Promotion or 30 years of Appointment
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP)
- Entitlement of financial up-gradation under ACP/MACP for Pharmacist – NFIR
- Benefit of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to the Pharmacist category-reckoning GP 4200/- (PB-2) as entry Grade Pay for granting financial upgradation under MACPS
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACPS in the Promotional Hierarchy (instead of Grade Pay Hierarchy) – NFIR
- Grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme in the promotional hierarchy