Observance of “National Protest Day” — 5th December, 2014
ALL INDIA RAILWAYMEN’S FEDERATION
4, State Entry Road,
Dated: November 25, 2014
The General Secretaries, All Affiliated Unions,
Sub: Observance of “National Protest Day” — 5th December, 2014
As you are aware that, in the “National Convention” of the Central Trade Unions, held on 15th September, 2014 in the Constitution Club, New Delhi, it was unanimously decided to observe “National Protest Day” on 5th December, 2014 by holding demonstrations, dharnas, rallies etc. across the country to mount pressure on the Government of India against anti-workers and anti-labout policies of the government, viz. skyrocketing price hike, unemployment, privatization/outsourcing, disinvestment in the PSUs, unlawful contractorisation, amendment in Labour Laws, FDI in the Railways, Defence and Insurance Sectors, National Pension Scheme(NPS), etc. etc.
Subsequently, the 90th Annual Convention of the All India Railwaymen’s Federation, held in Hubli from 18¬20 November, 2015, had decided to fully support the decision of the aforementioned National Convention of the Central Trade Unions.
You are, therefore, advised to direct the rank and file to ensure proper implementation of above-cited decision of the 90th Annual Convention of the AIRF to observe “National Protest Day” on 5th December, 2014 by joining in mass in your respective state capitals to strengthen the solidarity among the working class.
Reports of your participation should be sent to this office at an earliest.
With warm greetings!
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- All India Demands Day on 13.10.2015 – AIRF
- Observance of Protest Week from 12th to 16th December 2016 by NFIR’s affiliates
- Massive Dharna Warning Week from 16 to 19 September, 2019 AIRF
- Support to “General Strike” proposed by the Central Trade Unions – AIRF
- Confederation News : Decision of Central Trade Unions held on 8th July 2013
- Not to sanction any kind of leave including Casual Leave during the period of proposed strike
- AIRF’s Press Release on the eve of Secret Ballot to be held on 20th & 21st, December, 2013
- NJCA MEETING: Revival of Indefinite Strike – AIRF & NFIR yet to take a decision
- Confederation News – National convention of all Central Trade Unions held on 6th August 2013