Granting promotion opportunity as JE against 25% intermediate Apprentice Quota
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated: June 27.2018
The General Secretary,
All India Railwaymen Federation,
(AIRF) 4, State Entry Road,
New Delhi- 110055.
Sub: Granting promotion opportunity as JE against 25% intermediate Apprentice Quota to those Technicians initially appointed as Technician-III on compassionate grounds – (PNM/ AIRF Item No.25/2011 and PNM/NFIR Item No.38/2015- agenda sent to Railway Board on 11.06.2015) – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Item No.25/2011 of PNMI AIRF and Item N0.38/2015 of PNM/NFIR on the above subject and to state that the matter has been further deliberated upon in the light of the last round of discussion with both the Federations in the respective PNMs. It may be recollected that while AIRF have expressed their reservation on Board’s proposal sent to both the Federations for comments vide letter of even number dated 16.03.2015, NFIR have completely rejected the same. In view of this, it was decided that Board’s proposal referred to above may be dropped and status-quo may be maintained. The Federation were informed accordingly vide letter of even number dated 28.03.2016.
It is felt that both the Federations should encourage those who are appointed on Compassionate Grounds as Trainee Artisans to appear in RDAT, so that they have a formal qualification, which would be better for their own future also.
for Secretary/Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – review of extant instructions relating to acquisition of higher qualification – NFIR
- Scrapping of NPS, Upgradation of Post from Gp C to Gp B, Stepping of Pay of Loco Inspector etc: AIRF & NFIR writes to Member Staff, Railway Board
- Selection Procedure for Promotion to Selection Posts from Erstwhile Group D to C: Railway Board Clarification
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Trade test for promotion in artisan categories
- Grant of pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the erstwhile Group ‘D’ staff promoted to same Grade pay of Rs.1800/0 (PB-1) – NFIR’s PNM Item No.32/2015.
- Admissibility of HRA in the event of non-acceptance or surrender of Railway Residential Accommodation
- Grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) & Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’
- Secret Ballot Elections 2013 – Results of Secret Ballot Elections held in Indian Railways