Air Travel Entitlement for JCOs in Defence Forces
According to the Gazette Notification issued by the Government on 6.7.2017, Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) are now eligible to travel by Air.
Those who are in Level 6 to 8 of Pay Matrix (Pre-Revised Grade Pay 4200, 4600 and 4800), as the Travel entitlement for them so far is AC II by Train only. Now the are entitled to Travel By Air in Economy Class.
Level 6 to 8 pertain to the three ranks of JCOs – Naib Subedar, Subedar and Subedar Major – in the Army, and their equivalents in the Navy and Air Force. Level 5 A of Defence Forces to be clubbed with Level 6 for travelling entitlements.
7th CPC Recommendations on Travel Entitlements: The 7th Pay Commission opines that the present provisions are adequate. Hence, status quo is recommended with the present system of differentiation based on Grade Pay duly substituted by the Levels of the Pay Matrix.
Related to Your Search:
- TA Rules in 7th CPC: Air Travel is Allowed for Central Government Employees from Level 6 and Above
- 7th CPC Allowances Gazette Notification : Transport Allowance (TPTA) and Travelling Allowance
- Transport Allowance and Travelling Allowance Rules at a glance
- Travelling Allowance Rules – Implementation of the Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Dated 04.09.2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Air Force Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Army Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- Demands Relating to Defence Pensioners : 7th CPC Report
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Navy Officers – Pay Amendment Rules 2017
- TA/DA entitlements of Non-officials of Committees/Boards/Panels etc