Age Relaxation in Job
Relaxation of age up to 35 years (up to 40 years for members of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) for the widows, divorced women and women judicially separated (JSW) from their husbands who are not re-married, for employment to Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ post already exists in Department of Personnel & Training’s (DoP&T) Office Memorandum (OM) No. 15012/13/79-Estt (D) dated 19.01.1980. Similar relaxation also exists for Group ‘A’ and Group ‘B’ posts except where recruitment is made through open competitive Examination in DoP&T OM No. 15012/1/87-Estt.(D) dated 05.10.1990. All the above mentioned instructions have been reiterated vide DoP&T OM No. 41034/1/2014-Estt.(D) dated 30.01.2014.
It is incumbent upon all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India to follow the above mentioned instructions.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri B. Sriramulu in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- No proposal to raise age limit for single women in central government jobs: Centre
- DoPT’s instructions for strict compliance regarding age relaxation for appointment of widows, divorced woman and woman judicially separated from their husbands
- Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure – regarding
- Retired officials have no right for promotion
- Reservation for sportspersons in services
- DoPT: Official dealings between the Administration and Members of Parliament and State legislatures – Observance of proper procedure
- PERCENTAGE OF WOMEN EMPLOYEES IN RAILWAYS
- Central Government Jobs: Recruitment of SC,ST and OBC
- Age relaxation for widows for employment in Government and Central PSUs