Admissibility of HRA in case of residing in Govt. Guest House / Transit Facility – CGDA Orders
CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR ROAD, PALAM, DELHI CANIT-10
All PCDA,CDA, PCA (FYS) Kolkata
Dated: 5th Jan 2017
Subject: Admissibility of HRA in case of residing in Govt. Guest House / Transit Facility
Reference: HQrs Office Important Circulars Xo.AX/XVIII/1/18001/GH dated 21.11.200 and AN/XIV/14153/III/HRA/CCA/Vol.-X dated 18.03.2011
Comprehensive guidelines have been issued on the subject vide HQrs Office Important Circular dated 21.11.2000, to regulate the stay of officials at Guest Houses/transit accommodations. Further, HQrs Office Circular dated 18.03.2011 clearly stipulates that those occupying Government accommodation are not eligible for HRA and that the officers staying in the Inspection Quarters/Bungalow etc. in the Headquarters of their posting will not be entitled to draw HRA for the penod during which they stay in the Inspection Quarters/Bungalow etc.
2. Despite this, HQrs office is in receipt of reference from PCDA/CDA asking for clarification on the subject matter.
3. It is therefore, reiterated that those residing in Government accommodation be it Inspection Quarter or Transit Facility or Guest House shall not be granted HRA as stipulated vide GOI, Ministry of Communications, in consultation with Ministry of Finance, vide their letter No.14-4/85-NB dated 26.11.1985. Action may be taken accordingly.
Dy. CGDA (Admin)
Related to Your Search:
- Instruction regarding overpayment in r/o of TA/DA on account of Temporary Duty/Tour
- Information on House Rent Allowance
- Review of three years time limit for making compassionate appointment.
- CGHS medical facilities reimbursement to Central Government pensioners
- Reimbursement of Guest Room Accommodation Charges to Defence Service Personnel
- CGDA: Air tickets are to be purchased from authorized travel agents only
- Grant of permission for journey performed by officers/officials in Airlines other than Air India
- Grant of financial upgradation under ACP/MACP Schemes to Inter Departmental transferee
- Ex-gratia lump sum compensation – Recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission