Additional relief on death/disability of Government Servants covered by the Defined contribution pension scheme (NPS)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, Dated 16-04-2018
The General Manager (P)
All Indian Railways & PUs.
(as per standard mailing list)
Sub: Additional relief on death/disability of Government Servants covered by the Defined contribution pension scheme (NPS)
References is invited to Railways Board’s letter No.2016/AC-II/21/7 dated 27-11-17 (copy enclosed) wherein it has been highlighted that grant of pension/family pension to NPS beneficiaries has not commenced on some of the Zones/Units. Board has taken a serious note of the aforesaid delay.
2. As already brought out in the attached letter, instructions have been issued from time to time for making provisional pension payment to eligible NPS beneficiaries by the Railways and Joint procedure order has been put in place duly signed by the personnel Department and the Accounts Department to ensure smooth disposal settlement of such cases.Relevant instructions have been reiterated vide Board’s letter dated 02.01.17 (RBA No.1/2017) a compendium of circulars compiled by PFRDA has also been uploaded on the website of Indian Railways (RBA No.162/2017).
3. It is accordingly desired that pension/family pension cases of NPS beneficiaries should be processed immediately without delay so that payment of pension in such cases commences at the earliest.
Related to Your Search:
- Fixed Medical Allowance to railway beneficiaries of New Pension Scheme – Railway Board Orders
- Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by New Pension System
- Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension
- NPS: Additional benefit on death/disability of Government servant covered by NPS
- NPS – Grant of Additional Benefits on death / disability of Central Government Servants covered under National Pension System
- Revision Of Pension of Pre-2016 Pensioner as per 7th CPC
- Revision of Additional Relief on death/disability of Government servants covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS) in pursuance of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th CPC
- Rounding off of a fraction of a rupee in calculation of additional Pension for Railway Pensioners
- Admissibility of Dearness Relief to pensioners on absorption in PSUs/ employed family pensioners