Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikoot-II, Bhaikaji Cama Place,
CPAO/IT&Tech/Life Certificate/2 Vol―V/2019-20/159 Dated 13.12.2019
Attention is invited to Para 3 (xix) of OM No.1(7)/DCPS(NPS)/2009/TA/221 dated 02,07.2009 and subsequent corrigendum No. 1(7)/DCPS(NPS)/2099/TA/295 dated 27.05.2013 issued by O/o the Controller General of Accounts, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance for submission of the requisite certificates by the Pensioners/Family Pensioners covered under NPS-Additional Relief Scheme(NPS-AR) wherein it is mentioned that –
“The Pension Account Holding Bank will be responsible for obtaining periodical certificates such as Life Certificate, Re-employment Certificate, etc. (as prescribed in CPAO’s Scheme for “Payment of Pensions to Central Government Civil Pensioners through Authorised Banks”) and intimating electronically to CPAO on due dates. (Life Certificate should be obtained on 1st November each year and intimation uploaded on CPAO’s website.) Drawing of pensions/family pension will be subject to the receipt of Life Certificate by CPAO”.
2. This office is receiving Grievances from Pensioners/Family Pensioners covered under NPS-AR wherein it is stated that some Pension Account Holding Banks are not receiving periodical certificates such as Life Certificate, Re-employment Certificate, for onward transmission to CPAO electronically (through email) on due dates which results in delay in crediting the pension into the pensioner’s account by CPAO.
3. All the Heads of CPPCs/Government Business Departments are requested to direct the concerned Branches of their Bank to obtain the requisite certificates , i.e. as Life Certificate, Re-employment Certificate, etc from the pensioners and intimate electronically (through email) to CPAO on due dates for making timely payment of pension and family pension to pensioners under NPS-AR Scheme.
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
Md.Shahid Kamal Ansari
(Dy. Controller of Accounts)
Related to Your Search:
- Defined Contribution Pension System (NPS) covers death/disability of Government Servants on additional Relief: CGA Orders 2013
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Central Govt Pensioners/Family Pensioners should submit Life Certificate to their respective banks
- Use of modified format of Life Certificate by all banks
- Modification in Life Certificate of Pensioners – Acknowledgement to be issued
- Notice for the Pensioners
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Amendment in para 15 and para 16 of “Scheme for payment of pensions to Central Govt. Civil Pensioners by Authorised Bank”.
- Reminder of Life Certificates Submission
- CPAO: Not required to visit the bank to activate their first payment of pension