Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – New attendance system for central government employees by month-end
Aadhar-based biometric attendance for central government employees by month-end
NEW DELHI: Aadhaar-based biometric attendance systems for central government employees will be fully operational by the end of this month. “The biometric attendance system for central employees will be fully functional by the end of this month,” Information Technology Secretary Ram Sevak Sharma told PTI.
According to Sharma, the attendance of the employees can be tracked through a website, attendence.gov.in, which would be fully operational by the month-end. The website is expected to bring more transparency as it would provide and update information about central government employees on real-time basis.
The attendance web portal will use the information entered in the biometric devices and will act as a centralised management information system (MIS) for attendance. Under the new attendance system, the employees would be able to mark their attendance using biometric reading devices in various government offices.
It will facilitate employees mark their attendance at other central offices also which would help the government to track their movements. According to the information available on the attendance web portal, as many as 163 central government organisations have registered themselves for the same.
At present, as many as 1,816 biometric attendance devices are operational in various central government offices. There are around 43,000 registered users (employees), out of which 18,262 are Aadhaar verified.
Source: Economic Times
Related to Your Search:
- Attendance tracking website for all central government employees
- Status of Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized
- Central Government employees are marking their attendance in the Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Iris scanners for Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Biometric Attendance to be implemented soon
- Biometric Attendance System-CGE Employees support or not?
- Aadhar enabled Biometric Attendance System for marking attendance
- Status of implementation of the AADHAR Enabled Bio-metric Attendance System (AEBAS)