8th CPC Latest News
The debate over the 8th Central Pay Commission has begun. Unions have already called for the formation of the 8th Central Pay Commission. Unions begin calling for the creation of the 8th Central Pay Commission.
Any news on the 8th Pay Commission will be closely followed by central government employees. And it is certain that the ruling government would take advantage of this chance to promote goodwill among central government employees. The Eighth Central Pay Commission is expected to be announced in the second half of 2023.
The primary question is how much the pay increase will be. The entire monetary benefit will be expected more than any other benefit. Nothing can be predicted regarding the hike at this time. But first, let’s look at how many raises or fitting factors various pay commissions have provided over the years.
In general, the Fitment Factor is the most essential proposal in the Pay Commission Report. It is essentially the multiplication factor applied to the basic pay in order to calculate the increased basic pay. The Fitment Factor alone will not determine the entire salary change. During the revision, the dearness allowance (DA) will most likely be combined with the basic to calculate the fitment factor, and the new DA will be set to zero. The other allotment is likewise subject to change. The seventh pay commission, for example, lowered the rate of House Rent Allowance.
Over the years, pay commissions have proposed the following fitment factors:
4th Pay Commission
- Pay Hike in Percentage: 27.6%
- Minimum Basic Salary: Rs.750
5th Pay Commission
- Pay Hike in Percentage: 31%
- Minimum Basic Salary: Rs.2550
6th Pay Commission
- Fitment Factor: 1.86
- Pay Hike in Percentage: 54%
- Minimum Basic Salary: Rs.7000
7th Pay Commission
- Fitment Factor: 2.57
- Pay Hike in Percentage: 14.29%
- Minimum Basic Salary: Rs.18000
8th Pay Commission?
Related to Your Search:
- Expected DA Calculation – Fitment Factor of 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission: No hike in minimum pay, No change in fitment factor and No change in retirement age [Modi’s I Day speech]
- 30% salary hike confirmed in 7th Pay Commission for Central Government Employees
- Demand of Central Government Employees to increase the Fitment Factor recommended by 7th CPC
- A Crucial Indicator for determining the Basic Pay of 7th Pay Commission- Multiplication Factor
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Factor and House Rent Allowance – No Change Therein is Envisaged
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Formula and Minimum Wage Calculations – Karnataka COC
- 7th CPC DA calculation should give same benefit of Sixth CPC
- Increase in 7th CPC Minimum Pay and Fitment Factor – Rajya Sabha Q&A