Good news for central government employees – today’s Union cabinet approves 4 per cent DA raise with effect from 1.1.2020
Today, the central government increased the dearness allowance (DA) and the dearness relief by 4% to 21%, helping 30 lakh central government employees and 50 lakh retired citizens.
“Release of additional installment of DA is an increase of 4 per cent over the existing rate of 17 per cent of the basic pay/pension, to compensate for price rise,” according to an official statement.
Also check: Expected DA 2020
At its meeting today, the Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the introduction of an additional installment of Dearness Allowance for Central Government employees and Dearness Relief for pensions with effect from 01.01.2020 reflecting an increase of 4 percent over the current rate of 17 percent of Basic Pay / Pension to account for the price rise.
According to this Central Government DA statement, with this 4 percent Dearness Allowance Hike, total DA has to be paid at a rate of 21 percent from 1 January 2020. Payment of additional DA for January and February 2020 months will be payable as arrears.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves release of an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from Jan 2020
- Union Cabinet today approves 7% DA from July 2014 to CG Employees and Pensioners
- Dearness Allowance hiked by 8% – 2013 for Central Government Employees
- 6% hike in DA/DR for Central Government Employees from January, 2015 approved by Cabinet
- Now Trending: 2% Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees & Pensioners
- Release of additional instalment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Pensioners due from 1.1.2016
- Release of additional installment of dearness allowance to Central Government employees and dearness relief to Pensioners, due from 1.7.2013
- Release of additional instalment of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to Pensioners due from 1.7.2015
- Notification on Dearness allowance (DA) this week