7th Pay Commission unhappiness – BSF, Army Pay Parity remains Elusive
7th Pay Commission – Nearly two weeks after soldiers from several central paramilitary forces went public with their grievances, documents reveal the stark disparity between the Indian Army and the Border Security Force (BSF).
Salary documents provided by the BSF, reveal there is a difference ranging from 2.5% to 48%, after the 7th Pay Commission was implemented, between pay scales of the BSF and the Army.
They show that a head constable in the BSF earns Rs.25,500 a month – Rs.3,700 less than his Army counterpart. A deputy commandant earns Rs.1,700 less than a major in the Army, a commandant draws Rs.7,200 less than a colonel, and a deputy inspector general of the BSF draws Rs.8,500 less than a brigadier in the Army. The biggest disparity is between the second-in-command (2IC) of the BSF and a Lt. Colonel of the Army-a pay gap of Rs.37,900.
“This debate has been going on for the last 50 years. But there has been no resolution as yet to bring the BSF and the Army on a par as far as salaries are concerned. The line of duty and combat is the same for both forces, but there is a major distinction,” said a senior BSF officer on condition of anonymity.
While the home ministry is silent on the matter, the BSF bill of 1968, which was discussed in the Rajya Sabha in 1968, had argued that “the BSF in its functioning has all the disadvantages of the police and the Army without their corresponding advantages. This is a matter which needs looking into and remedial steps taken to redress balance in favour of the BSF with regard to leave, travel concessions, housing, education, allowance, etc.”
Related to Your Search:
- Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata gets Raksha Mantri’s Trophy for Best Service Hospital
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on Retirement Age
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on Retirement Age of CRPF, BSF, ITBP and SSB. Enhancement of Age of Retirement from Existing 57 years to 60 Years of Age
- 7th CPC Military Brochure – Level of Ranks : Officers (Except MNS)
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – RTI Reply reveals Pay Parity denial for Defence Personnel at par with IAS
- Ex-servicemen talk to Antony to resolve pension anomalies – One rank one pension
- Defence Forces up in arms against 7th Pay Commission Report
- Pay Parity between Military and Civilian Personnel
- Struggle Over 7th Pay Commission