7th Pay Commission rumors – Recommendations on Holidays and Leave
‘Rumours regarding the 7th Pay Commission are ablaze like wildfire among Central Government employees.’
The hot topic of discussion among Central Government employees these days revolves around the holidays and their accumulation of EL. There is plenty of news to mull over.
During their entire service period, Central Government employees can accumulate 300 days of earned leave.These unutilized earned leave can be surrendered for encashment at the time of retirement.
According to unconfirmed reports, the 7th Pay Commission is keen on reducing the accumulation of 300 days earned leave limit. Rumours fix the number to most likely be either 120, 150, or 180 days.
Accumulation of 300 days earned leave is not a simple task to accomplish. At 10 earned leave days per year, one must put in 30 years of service to earn 300 days earned leave. It is worth mentioning here that National Council JCM Staff Side had to fight a long battle to earn the privilege.
Unconfirmed reports also claim that the number of leave days too is likely to be reduced. Some even say that the 7th Pay Commission is giving serious thoughts about abolishing the gazette-leave holidays and suggest to the Government that only three national holidays be given henceforth.
There is also a flood of information about issues like salary hike and retirement age. Unfortunately, nobody is in a position to either completely trust or dismiss these bits and pieces of information.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC Recommendations on Encashment and Accumulation of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of EL
- Earned Leave (EL) accumulation by Central Government Employees beyond 300 days?
- Clarification regarding 30 days EL to Industry Employees of OFB
- University teachers are not allowed to take more than 300 days of paid leave
- 7th Pay Commission – Recommendation for more Leave and Holidays
- ENTITLEMENT OF LEAVE FOR REGULAR POSTAL EMPLOYEES
- 7th Pay Commission likely to abolish gazetted holidays
- 30 days Earned Leave for Ordnance Industrial Employees