7th Pay Commission review panel held on Saturday, regarding pay hike to be implemented by August
The Empowered Committee of Secretaries, who is processing the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission met Saturday to discuss the issue of pay hike of central government employees and pensioners.
Sources told that Empowered Committee agreed to implement to hike pay to 48 lakh of central government employees and and 52 lakh pensioners from August 1, However, the source declined to reveal details of the meeting.
The final decision on the matter has been taken in the meeting of the 7th Pay Commission review committe chaired by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha in New Delhi on Saturday.
The meeting’s agenda also included adding final touches to the recommendations before they are handed to the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
7th Pay Commission award comes into effect with retrospective effect from January 1, 2016, salary packages of central government employees and pensioners will be impacted.
The Empowered Committee of Secretaries proposed to credit the arrears along with the revised pay.
The Secretaries’ group has recommended proposed a minimum salary at Rs 21,000 and the highest salary at Rs 2,70,000 for hiking salary around 30 per cent also recommended for doubling of existing rates of allowances and advances.
The 7th Pay Commission by headed Justice A K Mathur had recommended the minimum salary for central government employees at Rs 18,000 and maximum salary at Rs 2,50,000.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Lower rank employees to get highest percentage salary hike
- 7th Pay Commission report to be put up before Cabinet in June
- 7th Pay Commission award, central government employees to get richer
- 7th CPC: Secretaries panel yet to decide final monthly salary for central government employees
- 7th Pay Commission – Empowered Committee Expected to Submit Report by This Week End
- 7th Pay Commission: Double bonus for Government employees – salary hike from August, six month arrears in October – Social Media
- Central Government employees could get 7th Pay Commission salary from 1st August 2016
- 7th Pay Commission: Central government employees to get salary hike from next month
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Likely Minimum Pay 23,000 and fitment factor 2.7