7th CPC – Modifications in LTC – Expectations…
Everyone knows that Central Government Employees are entitled to avail Leave Travel Concession (LTC) once in two years to visit home town and once in four years to visit any places in India. The employees are reimbursed full expenses for transport from the work station to the place to be visited and back.
Before the sixth CPC was implemented, availing of LTC by the employees was less in number all over India. In order to encourage employees to avail LTC, the Central Government made some impressive modifications in the rules, which saw a huge increase in the percentage of employees going for it. The employees were allowed to travel by air to Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern States and it continued till June 2015. The modification in the rules that was brought in was the travelling expenses were given in packages depending upon employee’s designation. These visits by the employees saw a huge growth in tourism in these states. It turned out to be a great opportunity for the employees to travel to these places, to know different people, their culture and so on. But for unknown reason, the central government did not extend the orders beyond June 2015.
Home Town LTC: Is it possible to make changes in the Permanent Address of a Central Government Employee?
Those Central Government Employees having their Hometown on the outskirts of their work places, are automatically ineligible for availing LTC Hometown. But they are eligible for the LTC for visiting any other places in India. For the benefit of those employees, in exceptional cases, the CCS Rules (LTC) – Change of Hometown – allows an employee to change the Permanent Address only once in their whole service. The employee can apply for this, through their respective head of sections with detailed documents. A male employee can choose the native place of his wife or vice versa or any other closed relation’s address. Care should be taken while applying for the changes, as the rule allows only once in their whole service. After the changes in the permanent address, the employee can apply for the LTC showing the new address.
Expecting new changes in 7th CPC for availing LTC…
Central Government Employees should be allowed to avail LTC Home Town once in a year and All India LTC once in three years which can bring huge changes in the department of tourism in India. It can motivate the employees to travel, visit different places, to know different people and their working conditions etc. Air travelling should be allowed to all other places in India and can be extended to other neighbouring countries also.
Let us wait and see for the recommendations…!
Related to Your Search:
- Headquarters/Home Town LTC: Central Government Employees’ Confusions Continue
- LTC entitlements of unmarried Government servants – Clarification on Conversion of Home Town LTC facility
- Avail LTC for the block 2014-2015 before it finally expires by December 2016
- Central Civil Services (Leave Travel Concession) Rules, 1988- Clarification regarding eligibility of Home Town Concession- FAQ
- Latest Air India Domestic Fare List – 2nd July, 2012
- LTC (SOME IMPORTANT FAQ)
- Relaxation for LTC travel by air to visit Jammu and Kashmir – Expected order from Dopt
- Central Government Employees: No LTC in case of posting in home town
- LTC by air to visit Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern States – Clarification regarding