7th Pay Commission: Private sector employees want similar hikes
New Delhi: Following the 7th Pay Commission report, there is a significant discontent among private sector employees, and employers are dealing with lowered motivation and performance levels, says a survey.
According to a TimesJobs.Com survey, over 70 per cent private sector employees regret working in the private sector after central government employees bag 23.55 per cent salary hike.
“The discontent caused in the private sector by this performance-indiscriminate hike to central government employees is palpable. And India Inc employers are having to face the brunt of this dissatisfaction with lowered motivation and performance levels,” TimesJobs.Com COO Vivek Madhukar said.
A large majority of respondents (68 per cent) felt that this hike was “unfair”. Another 47 per cent respondents believe the raise has no linkage to employee performance while 30 per cent feel the massive hike will eventually widen the public and private sector income disparity.
While the disappointment with private sector pay scales was high across experience levels, entry-level employees were the most disappointed.
About 80 per cent junior/entry-level employees said they regretted having taken up jobs in the private sector, reveals the survey. Nearly 75 per cent middle and senior-level employees also shared similar sentiments.
“All (100 per cent) the professionals surveyed said private sector companies should increase minimum wages like the central government,” the survey noted.
However, most private sector employees agreed that their jobs offered them more room for career growth. Close to 80 per cent employees think private sector jobs score better over government jobs given the opportunities for growth and job change.
The survey covered over 700 professionals working in the private sector from across the country, who earn their increments based on their individual performance and contributions to the business. It had representation from employees from across sectors and experience levels.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission is unlikely to destabilise prices: Survey
- 7th Pay Commission may also raise salary-levels of PSU employees
- Cabinet approves 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission: Worst in 70 years, only panel not to reduce 7th CPC pay gap
- HIGHLIGHTS OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS CLEARED BY GOVERNMENT
- 7th Pay Commission might be issued next week and the government employees will start receiving new pay cheques
- Why 7th Pay Commission’s ‘miserly’ hike is understandable
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet may clear higher increase tomorrow
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners