7th Pay Commission in favor of Technical Operator(Drilling)
Central Ground Water Board (CGWB)
Drilling Staff : The association has demanded that considering the nature of duties and responsibilities attached to the post of Technical Operators, it may be placed in GP 1900 at par with Technical Operators of Geological Survey of India (GSI). Further to this, the association has also demanded that Assistant Driller-cum-mechanic in the GP 2400 should be upgraded to GP 2800.
Analysis and Recommendations : The Commission has noted that the minimum qualification for entry into the post of Technical Operators is same in GSI as in CGWB although Technical Operators in the GSI are recruited in the GP 1900. The Commission has further noted that CGWB was set up after merging the Ground Water Wing of GSI with the Exploratory Tubewell Organization of India.
The Commission recommends that post of Technical Operator (Drilling) be given GP 1900 and be combined with the post of Compressor. However, the demand that Assistant Driller cum-Mechanic be placed in GP 2800 is not agreed to.
Related to Your Search:
- Present Grade Pay and New Higher Grade Pay for the following Posts recommended by 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2017
- Change of the nomenclature/ designation of the posts of Gestetnor Operator Grade-I and Gestetnor Operator Grade-II
- Cadre wise Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission for grant of higher grade pay
- List of Current Central Government Vacancies 2012
- 7th Pay Commission – Certain Positive Aspects of Recommendations made
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace