7th CPC Revision of Minimum Wage : JCM seeks Finance Minister intervention
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery for Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi 110001
E-mail : [email protected]
Shiva Gopal Mishra
No.NC/JCM/2016 Dated: October 26, 2016
Hon’ble Minister for Finance,
Ministry of Finance,
(Government of India),
We solicit your kind reference to the discussions; the representatives of the Staff Side JCM had with you on 30th June 2016 in the wake of impending strike action that was to commence from 11th July 2016. Hon’ble Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, your goodself, Hon’ble Minister for Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu and Hon’ble MoSR, Shri Manoj Sinha, on having detailed deliberations with the Staff Side, had appreciated that, the Central Government employees were not generally happy with the decision taken by the Union Cabinet on 29th June 2016, while accepting the recommendations of the 7th CPC, particularly in the matter of Minimum Wage and Fitment Formula. After detailed discussions it was agreed by your goodself and other Hon’ble Ministers present in the meeting that, the government would address the grievances of the employees, whereupon the NJCA had decided to defer the “Indefinite Strike”. Accordingly, a committee was set-up to consider the demand of Revision of Minimum Wage and Fitment Formula with a mandate to finalize its report within four months.
We (Staff Side) interacted with the said committee, headed by Shri P.K. Das, Addl. Secretary (Expenditure), on 24.10.2016. It would be quite appropriate to bring to your kind notice that, we have felt, during the course of meeting, that, the proceedings of the committee are extremely disappointing and are left with the impression that, the committee is dilly-dallying the issue.
We are, therefore, left with no option, but to address this communication with the fervent hope that, your goodself will direct the said committee to interact with the Staff Side in a fruitful manner and arrive at a mutually agreeable proposal on the issues of Minimum Wage and Fitment Formula.
We have full trust and believe that, the government would honour the decision taken in the meeting held on 30.06.2016 in your benign presence, and suitable direction will be given to the committee to complete the assigned task within the stipulated timeframe in a satisfactory manner.
It would be the most unfortunate development, we regret to state, if we are constrained to tread the path of struggle once again in the event of the committee not coming up with a satisfactory settlement.
With Kind Regards!
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Source : ncjcmstaffside.com
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Formula and Minimum Wage Calculations – Karnataka COC
- NC JCM insists to setting up High Level Committee to review Minimum Wage and Fitment Multiplication Factor
- Confederation: Revision of minimum pay, fitment formula – high level committee not yet constituted
- Brief of the meeting held today between the Government of India and the National Council JCM Staff Side
- 7th Pay Commission latest news – Confederation calls for Strike as it perceives low wage hike
- Prepare for struggle on 7th CPC issues
- Latest Position Regarding Minimum Pay And Fitment Formula
- Central Government Employees long pending prominent issues
- Media reports on 7th CPC are totally wrong and not true – Karnataka COC