7th CPC Railways
Adoption of officiating pay under FR-35 in lieu of Charge Allowance
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No. 142
RBE No. 127/2019
File No. PC-VII/2017/1/7/5/8
New Delhi, Dated: 08 .08.2019
The General Managers/ CAOs(R),
All Indian Railways and Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Subject: Adoption of instructions issued by DoP&T regarding restrictions of officiating pay under FR-35 (Rule 1329 IREC Vol. II) in the context of RS(RP) Rules, 2016 in lieu of Charge Allowance.
Consequent upon the decision taken by Government of India vide MoF’s Resolution No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25.07.2016, recommendations of 7 Central Pay Commission regarding all the Allowances (except Dearness Allowance) were referred to a Committee of Secretaries headed by the Finance Secretary. The Committee’s recommendations were implemented w.e.f. 01.07.2017 vide MoF’s Resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 06.07.2017.
In terms of Para 8.2.5 of 7th CPC’s Report, all the allowances not mentioned in the 7th CPC’s Report ceased to exist w.e.f 01.07.2017.
It is observed that Charge Allowance, which is granted in Indian Railways to Officers officiating on a higher post in administrative exigencies, was also not included in the report of the 7th CPC and hence stands abolished w.e.f. 01.07.2017.
It has now been decided by the Railway Board that DoPT’s Office Memorandum No. 1/4/2017-Estt.(Pay-I) dated 28.02.2019 (Annexure-I) regarding Restriction of pay under FR-35 (Rule 1329 IREC Vol. ID) in the context of CCS(RP) Rules, 2016 may be adopted in mutatis mutandis manner in Indian Railways in context of RS(RP) Rules, 2016 in place of Charge Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2017.
Hindi version will follow.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director(Pay Commission) VII
Related to Your Search:
- 7th CPC: Clarification on admissibility of Charge Allowance in Indian Railways
- Payment on account of discontinued allowances – Daily officiating Allowance
- Revision of the existing rates of Daily Officiating Allowance in the pay structure recommended by the 6th Central Pay Commission
- Discontinuance of Family Planning Allowance for adoption of small family norms recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission
- Revision in the rates of Kilometreage Allowance and Allowance in lieu of Kilometreage (ALK) with effect from 01.01.2014 – RBE No. 65/2014
- Revision of the rates of Allowance in lieu of Running room facilities, Shunting Duty Allowance, Trip Allowance and Commercial duty Allowance pay able to the running staff with effect from 1-1-2011.
- 7th CPC: Grant of Additional Post Allowance (APA) – abolition of existing Dual Charge Allowance being granted to officers in Indian Railways
- Railway Board referred Running, Additional and Breakdown allowances to 7th Pay Commission for consideration…
- Officiating Allowance to Running Staff in higher grade