7th CPC Pension Calculation for Pre-2016 Pensioners – KarnatakaCOC
What the above decision means for pre-2016 retirees?
Modification made appears fixing the pay of pre 2016 retirees notionally in revised pay matrix and then fixing pension at 50% of pay. If the pension so fixed is more than the pension fixed with fitment formula of 2.57 then pension will be revised otherwise no change. It is presumed that option will be given to pensioners. For arriving at pay in revised matrix of 7 CPC for those who retired prior to 1-1-1996 notionally there pay will be fixed under V CPC scales and VI CPC Pay structure. Similarly for those who retired prior to 2006 it will be notionally fixed in VI CPC Pay structure and then in 7 CPC matrix. The pay for this purpose is pay last drawn as recorded in their PPO. For the information of readers fixation formula under V CPC, VI CPC and VII CPC rules is given below:
|1||Basic pay as on 1-1-1996||xxx|
|2||DA appropriate to basic pay at 1510 pts||Xxx|
|4||2nd IR 10% of BP subject to minimum of Rs.100||Xxx|
|5||40% of BP||Xxx|
Pay in the revised scales to be fixed at the stage next above the total even if there is stage equal to the total.
Rates of DA as on 1-1-1996
|For pay range upto Rs.3500pm||148% of pay|
|For pay range above Rs.35oo and upto 6000 pm||111% of pay subject to a minimum of Rs.5180 pm|
|For pay range above Rs.6000 pm||96% of pay subject to minimum of Rs.6660 pm|
|1||Existing pay scale||x|
|2||Applicable pay band and grade pay||a+b|
|3||Basic pay as on 1-1-2006||xxx|
|4||Pay after multiplication of BP by a factor 1.86 rounded off to next multiple of 10||Xxx|
|5||Pay in the pay band||Xxx|
|6||Grade Pay applicable to the post||b|
|7||Revised basic pay is pay in the pay band and grade pay.|
|1||Existing Pay Band||a|
|2||Existing Grade Pay||a+b|
|3||Basic pay as on 1-1-2016||Xxx+b|
|4||Level corresponding to GP||C|
|5||Pay after multiplication of BP by a fitment factor of 2.57||Xxx|
|6||Revised Pay in Pay Matrix (either equal to or next higherCell||Xxx|
‘X retired on 31-1-1992 and pay was Rs. 2900 in the scale 1640-2900
1. His notional pay under 5 CPC scale of 6500-10600 is Rs.8900;
2. His notional pay under 6 CPC (PB2 +GP 4200) is Rs.20760;
3. His notional pay under 7 CPC (Level 6) is Rs.53600;
4. Pension fixed on 1-1-2016 with a fitment formula of 2.57 is Rs.25847;
5. Pension as per cabinet decision 50% of notional pay as per 7 CPC is Rs 26800.
Note: The above example is only an illustration.
The pension fixation may vary from case to case. Final calculation has to be made as per the Government orders.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Pay calculator and fixation formula Project :
- Expected Pension / Family Pension Table in 7th Pay Commission
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : OROP for the pensioners cannot be justified
- Changes in 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance table 51 and Table 52
- DOPT : Variance in determining notional pay (7th CPC)
- Revision of Pension of pre 2016 pensioners after implementation of 7th Pay Commissions recommendations – anomaly in determining notional pay
- 7th Pay Commission Rumours – Discarding Grade Pay system – Will it be beneficial ?
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomalies – Pay of officials drawing different Grade Pay (Higher and lower) are fixed at the same stage in revised pay
- Demand of Central Government Employees to increase the Fitment Factor recommended by 7th CPC