GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion
PC-VII No. 152.
RBE No. 23/2020
File No. PC-VIM/2016/1/6/7
New Delhi, dated : 18/02 /2020
The General Managers/CAOs(R),
All India Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 – Clarification regarding fixation of pay under Rule 13 on promotion in various situations where feeder and promotional categories lie in same level in the Pay Matrix.
Consequent to implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, doubts have been arisen on applicability of provisions under Rule 1313 (FR-22)(I) (a)(1) of R-II vis-a-vis Rule 13 of Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 in cases where certain feeder and promotional posts of Railways lie in the same/identical Level(s) in the Pay Matrix.
During 6th CPC pay regime, similar situations were arisen and the matter was examined in consultation with Ministry of Finance and Federations and detailed instructions were issued vide Board’s letter No. PC-VI/2011/IC/1 dated 12.09.2013 (RBE No. 95/2013).
In the Pay Matrix recommended by 7th CPC, only replacement scales have been recommended for the categories covered under Board’s letter dated 12.09.2013 and no changes in circumstances have been observed, therefore, the guidelines contained therein will continue to be applicable in respect of following categories :-
|S.No.||Feeder Category||Promotional Category||Pay Scale and Grade Pay in 6th CPC||Corresponding Level in Pay Matrix under 7th CPC|
|1||Chief Matron||Assistant Nursing Officer||PB-3, GP Rs. 5400||Level-10|
|2||Sr. Technician||Junior Engineer||PB-2, GP Rs. 4200||Level-6|
|3||(i) Loco Pilot|
|(i) Loco Pilot (Passenger)||PB-2, GP Rs. 4200||Level-6|
|(ii) Loco Pilot (Passenger)||(ii) Loco Pilot (Mail/ Express)||PB-2, GP Rs. 4200||Level-6|
|(iii) Passenger Guard||(iii) Mail/ Express Guard||PB-2, GP Rs. 4200||Level-6|
This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways. However, above have been done only on provisional basis and is subject to the concurrence of Ministry of Finance. Further, it may be ensured that before the benefit is extended, a declaration from the concerned employee may be obtained to refund the amount in case, Ministry of Finance does not agree to this proposal.
(Jaya Kumar G)
Deputy Director(Pay Commission) VII
Source: Indian railways
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay on functional promotions where feeder and promotional posts have been placed in the same Pay Band and Grade Pay: Railway Board Clarification
- Grant of promotional increment under rule 13 of RS(RP) Rules, 2008 to those promoted to identical Pay Band /Grade Pay shouldering higher responsibilities
- Recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission – Decision relating to grant of Additional Allowance to Running Staff
- Indian Railway Employee : Running Allowance
- Anomaly in fixation of pay of Chief Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2016 with reference to their juniors appointed after 01.01.2016 and drawing more pay than the seniors
- NFIR: Clarification on residency period for promotion – Orders issued by Railway Board
- Memorandum submitted to 7th Central Pay Commission : Corrigendum on the Proposed Pay Scales
- Merger of the pre-revised pay scales of the promotional and the feeder posts in a common Grade fixation of pay-reg.
- Fixation of Pay with An Extra Increment under Rule 13 RP Rules – RBE 175/2008