7th CPC Night Duty Allowance for Defence Civilians
कार्यालय, रक्षा लेखा महानियंत्रक
उलान बटार रोड, पालम, दिल्ली छावनी – 110010
Office of the Controller General of Defence Accounts
File No. : AT/Army-BR/ A/Civ/2366/NDA/Vol-I
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cante 1100110
Dated: 24th Jun 2021
The All Regional PCoDA/CDA,
Subject: Clarification on ceiling of basic pay for entitlement of payment of Night Duty Allowance (NDA)
Ref: IHQ of MoD (N) letter No. CP(P)/3154 dated 30.03.2021.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the 7th Central Pay Commission on the subject of Night Duty allowance, the Department of Personnel & Training has issued instructions vide their OM No. A-27016/02/2017-Estt. (AL) dated 13th July 2020 in supersession of DoP&T OM No 12012/4/86-Estt (Allowance) dated 04.10.1989 and No. 15020/2/92-Estt (Allowances) dated 04.04.1994.
2. Para 1 (iv) of the DoPT OM dated 13.07.2020 states that the ceiling of basic pay for entitlement of Night Duty Allowance shall be Rs. 43600/- per month.
3. IHQ of MoD has raised a point of doubt whether payment of Night Duty Allowance is entitled only to such of the central government staff whose basic pay is upto Rs 43600/- OR those getting higher basic pay will also be entitled for payment of night duty allowance by restricting the amount to ceiling limit of Rs. 43600/-.
4. In view of above, it is requested to intimate the practice being followed in the offices under your audit jurisdiction in payment of Night Duty Allowance (NDA).
5. A reply in this regard may be furnished to HQrs office by 29.06.2021 positively through e-mail.
Sr. Accounts Officer (Army/BR)
Related to Your Search:
- Night Duty Allowance (NDA) – Clarification regarding Fixation of Ceiling of pay for entitlement
- Payment of Night Duty Allowance on actual pay, without any ceiling and should be correlated with the pay of 7th CPC
- Night Duty Allowance without any ceiling as per 7th CPC – BPMS
- Eligibility of Night Duty Allowance for Ordnance Employees fixed at 12380(Band Pay) – PCAFYS Orders on 9.9.2015
- Implementation of Government decision on 7th CPC recommendations on Night Duty Allowance (NDA)
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance – Payment of (NDA) pursuant to the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission
- Grant of Night Duty Allowance on the basis of Actual Salary
- 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance from Railway employees who have become ineligible to get NDA after issue of Board’s letter dated 29th Sep 2020
- Reduction in the amount of 7th CPC Night Duty Allowance as compared to 6th CPC and imposition of pay ceiling at Rs. 43,600/- for entitlement of NDA