7th CPC Military Brochure – Modified Assured Career Progression (MACP)
A direct recruited Sep, Hav or JCO will be entitled to min three financial upgradations after 8, 16 and 24 years of service. At the time of each financial upgradation under MACP, the JCO/OR would get an addl increment and next higher Pay in the hierarchy. The following MACP would be entitled to JCOs/OR recruited under direct entry:
(i) Entitled to first financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Naik on completion of 8 yrs of service.
(ii) Second financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Hav on completion of 16 yrs of service.
(iii) Third financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Nb Sub on completion of 24 yrs of service.
(b) Direct Entry Hav.
(i) A direct entry Hav would be entitled to first financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Nb Sub on completion of 8 yrs of service.
(ii) Second financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Sub on completion of 16 yrs of service.
(iii) Third financial upgradation of pay of the rank of Sub Maj on completion of 24 yrs service.
(c) A Direct Entry JCO will be entitled to first financial upgrdation in Level 7 to the rank of Subedar on completion of 8 years of service, second financial upgradation in Level 8 to the rank of Subedar Major on completion of 16 years of service and third financial upgradaion in Level 9 on completion of 24 years of service. This is subject to the condition that the third financial upgradation does not take them beyond the age of superannuation for JCOs in terms of maximum period of service allowed and age of retirement / release.
(a) If a Sep in Level 3 gets his first regular promotion to the rank of Nk in Level 4 on completion of 5 years of service and then continues in the same Level for further 8 years without any promotion then he would be eligible for second upgradation under the MACP Scheme in the Level 5 after completion of 13 years (5+8 years).
(b) In case he does not get any promotion thereafter, then he would get third upgradation under the MACPs in Level 6 on completion of further 8 years of service i.e after 21 years (5+8+8).
Auth : Adm Instrs for grant of MACP issued by PS-2(c) vide their letter No B/33513/ACP/AG/PS-2(c) dated 13 Jun 2011 and MoD ID No 1(13)/2011-D(Pay/ Services) dated 30 Jun 2014.
Related to Your Search:
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- Granting of Financial Upgradation under MACP Scheme – Clarification reg.
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Pay fixation : How to fix Pay on MACP ?
- Memorandum By IRTSA to Railway Board Regarding 3rd MACP after 20 years of First Promotion or 10 years after 2nd Promotion or 30 years of Appointment
- Implementation of MACP Scheme over Indian Railways – Discrepancies
- Grant of second Financial Upgradation under MACPS to AAOs: MACP orders 2013
- Financial upgradation under MACP Scheme to Multi Tasking Staff MTS of AFHQ/ISOs
- BPMS – Notional pay fixation after currency of Minor penalty is over in case of ACP / MACP
- Court Cases – Grant of 3rd financial upgradation under MACP scheme to superintendents