7th CPC latest news: From August 1 Central Government employees will get 14.27% hike in basic pay, not overall 23.5%
The Central Government are also considering the demand made by employees union leaders to increase minimum wage from Rs 18,000 to Rs 26,000.
New Delhi, July 17: The much awaited hiked salary of Central Government employees will be credited to their official salary account bu August 1, 2016, as the recommendations made by 7th Pay Commission was approved on June 29 by Narendra Modi government. More than 47 lakh Central Government employees eagerly waiting for the hike will get 14.27 per cent hike in the basic pay and not 23.5 per cent.
The hike in allowance has been delayed by at least four months. For which the government has formed a high level committee headed by Finance Minister Ashok Lavasa to re-examine the hike in HRA, NP, DA and many other allowances for the employees.
As per reports, the salaries government employees would receive from August 1, would be hiked by 14.27 per cent, without any allowances. Which technically makes it a lowest ever salary hike implemented by any Pay Commission since independence.
On June 29, Central government had set up a high level committee to examine the anomalies in the 7CPC recommendations related to allowances. The committee will also consider the demand made by Central Government Employees Union leaders to increase minimum wage from Rs 18,000 to Rs 26,000.
The implementations of 7CPC which was done almost six months after Justice A K Mathur and his team submitted its findings and it will positively impact a total of 47 lakh central government employees, along with 53 lakh pensioners. The notification of the salary hike will be issued by the government by the end of this week.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Central Pay Commission : Gratuity limit increased to Rs 20 lakh from Rs 10 lakh
- Secretaries committee submits report on 7th Pay Commission, govt to soon announce it
- 7th Pay Commission: Resentment Over Non-Payment Of Arrears On Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission: Transport Allowance not to be hiked
- 7th Pay Commission: From August 1 government employees will get hiked salaries
- Bonanza for Central government employees: 7th Pay Commission recommendations rolled out
- 7th Pay Commission: Double bonus for Government employees – salary hike from August, six month arrears in October – Social Media
- 7th Pay Commission: Lower rank employees to get highest percentage salary hike
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners