7th CPC Dress Allowance for Railway Signal and Telecom Helpers, Electronic and Mechanical staff, equipped with uniform and protective gear.
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
No. 2018/TF Cell/S&T/S&T Uniform
The General Manager, All Indian Railways/PUs, NF(Con). CORE
The DG/RDSO/Lucknow, DG/NAIR/Vadodara CAOs, DMW/Patiala, WPO/Patna, COFMOW/NDLS , RWP/Bela, CAO/IROAF
Sub: Uniform and Protective gears for Maintainers and Helpers of Signal & Telecom, Electrical (TRD) and Mechanical (ART & AHME) Staff.
Ref: 1. Railway Board’s letter no. 2017/Transf.cell/Civil/03 dated 05.02.2018.
Railway Board’s letter no. PC-VII/2017/11715 /7 dated 03.10.2017.
In order to ensure safe working environment for the staff working on track and also keeping in view the hardship faced by them during extreme weather conditions, provision of Special protective gears has been considered by the Board. In continuation of the protective :gears approved for Trackmen/Keymen/Patrol men vide Reference (1) above, Board (MTR, MRS, MS, FC & CRB) in consultation with DG(S&T), have also approved the following:
Provision of special protective gears has been approved for the Technicians/Maintainers and Helpers of S&T, Electrical (TRD) & Mechanical (ART & ARME) departments where duty, involves working in field/on track under extreme weather and working conditions. The list of the protective gears and other items is as indicated below:
|S. No.||Description||Functional specification||Scale||Approx. Cost (Rs.)|
|1.||Rain Coat with cap/hood and separate waterproof trouser||Waterproof coat and trouser with full sleeves and cap/hood.||Once in a year||1200/-|
|2(a)||Winter Jacket||Jacket with timer lining with/without hood/cap orange color superior quality||Once in in 2 years||2500/-|
|2(b)**||Clothing for Subzero climate |
iv. Snow boots
|As per military clothing from Ordinance factories/approved suppliers of Ordinance factories.||Once in 2 years||10,000/-|
|3.||Safety Shoes (with Steel Toes)||As per IS 15298 (Part 2): 2011 / ISO 20345:2004 Some of the reputed brands are Bata, Liberty, Action etc.||Once in six Months||1400/-|
|4.||Luminous vest||Retro-reflective orange colour IS-15809 of 2008 specified by EN471 Standard||Once in Six months||500/-|
|5.||Tricolor LED 3-cell Torch/rechargeable torch||As being used by SCR / NR||Once a Year||1000/-|
Note: 1.* Tricolor LED 3-cell Torch/ rechargeable torch to be provided to staff deputed for night duty or required to attend failures during night.
Note 2: ** Winter jackets as per item 2a) will not be supplied in subzero climate region, as provisioning of the same is already included in item 2b). In addition, any specific requirement for any particular area/climatic condition may be assessed by the respective DRM.
Mode of Procurement
Mode of Procurement shall be same as adopted for procurement of protective gears for Engineering staff vide reference (1) above. As on date, Stores Department is procuring luminous vests. The other items mentioned in Table I above, may be procured at Divisional Level, through Spot Purchase Committee comprising concerned Branch Officer, SrDFM/ DFM. SrDMM/DMM. Once the system gets stabilized, and the vendors are developed, these may be procured through Stores Department of the Division.
The Dress Allowance for the eligible staff as per Railway Board’s letter no. PC VII/2017/1/7/5/7 dated 03.10.2017 (RBE No. 141/2017), shall continue to be followed for above categories of staff.
Colour Scheme of uniform for Technicians/Maintainers and Helpers of S&T Department:
The colour scheme of uniform for Technicians/Maintainers and Helpers of S&T Department for both men/women – Shirt/Kurta shall be of Sky Blue and Trouser/Salwar shall be Navy Blue.
This issues with the concurrence of Associate Finance of Transformation Cell of Railway Board.
Kindly acknowledge the receipt and ensure compliance.
Source: Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – payment of Dress Allowance to Railway employees at Rs.10000/- per annum
- Inclusion of important categories of staff within the ambit of Risk And Hardship Matrix of 7th CPC for payment of Risk And Hardship Allowance
- Recommendations of 7th CPC – Payment of Risk & Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in construction s organization
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Implementation of LARSGESS – Coverage of scheme to Track Maintainers working in GP Rs 1900/- Letter to the Secretary(E) RB/NDLS
- 7th CPC Dress Allowance to Railway Nursing Staff
- Grant of Dress allowance to eligible Railway Officers, PBOR of RPF, Station Masters and Others
- Implementation of 7th Central Pay Commission Recommendations of Dress Allowance – regarding wearing of Uniform
- Payment to the Track Maintainers deputed for night patrolling duties for purchase of dry cell