Central Government Employees
GOVERNMENT OF JAMMU AND KASHMIR
CIVIL SECRETARIAT, JAMMU
Subject: Clarification on Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy.
Consequent upon the implementation of Seventh Pay Commission Allowances after the Reorganization of the State of Jammu & Kashmir, Finance Department has issued Govt. Order No. 473-F dated: 28.11.2019 wherein CEA /Hostel Subsidy was granted in favour of the employees of Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir. Various queries have been received in the Finance Department from certain quarters regarding CEA/Hostel Subsidy.
After examining the issue, it has been decided to issue the following clarification on the subject of Children Education Allowance and Hostel Subsidy:-
1. The maximum ceiling amount for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance is Rs 2250/-per month per child and Rs 6750/- per month per child for hostel subsidy. The CEA amount is fixed irrespective of actual expenses incurred, but for claiming Hostel subsidy a certificate from the institute, where the child is studying shall indicate the amount of lodging and boarding charges paid by the employee to the residential educational institute. The reimbursable amount of the Hostel subsidy will be the actual expenses incurred or Rs 6750/- per month whichever is less.
2. Children Education Allowance and Hostel subsidy can be claimed by only one employee if both spouses are employed.
3. The reimbursement of CEA and Hostel subsidy will be made only once in a year after the completion of Financial year i.e., in the month of April/May. For example claim of CEA and Hostel subsidy for the financial year 2020-21 shall be submitted in April /May 2021.
4. The application for claiming the reimbursement is attached as Annexure “A”. In addition a bonafide certificate is to be obtained from Head of Educational Institution confirming that the child studied in the school during the period of the claim (Annexure “B”). In case such a certificate cannot be obtained, a self attested copy of the report card and receipt/ e- receipt of the institute can be produced as a supporting document.
(S. L. Pandita)
Director General (Codes)
Related to Your Search:
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance-lok sabha Q&A
- 7th CPC CEA: Total Claim for Academic Year 2017-18
- Children Education Allowance / Hostel Subsidy – Clarification issued by Railway Board
- CHILDREN EDUCATION ALLOWANCE, Hostel Subsidy Claims & Travelling Allowance Entitlement: PCDA’s instructions
- Child Education Allowance Hostel Subsidy for the year 2019-2020
- Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance
- Railways: Children Education Allowance for the year 2017-2018
- MoD Clarification on Children Education Allowance/Hostel Subsidy for Armed Forces