Recommendations in respect of some important allowances paid to Pensioners
Rate of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for Pensioners has been increased from Rs.500 per month to Rs.1000 per month. This will benefit more than 5 lakh central government pensioners not availing CGHS facilities.
i. The rate of Constant Attendance Allowance granted on 100% disablement has been increased from Rs.4500 per month to Rs.6750 per month.
11. Allowances to Scientific Departments
i. The recommendations of 7th CPC to abolish Launch Campaign Allowance and Space Technology Allowance has not been accepted. In order to incentivize the supporting employees in Space and Atomic Energy sector, the rate of Launch Campaign and Space Technology Allowance has been increased from Rs.7500 per annum to Rs.11250 per annum. Professional Update Allowance for non-gazetted employees of Department of Atomic Energy will also continue to be paid at the enhanced rate of Rs.11250 per annum.
ii. The 7th CPC had placed Antarctica Allowance, paid to the Scientists and other members undertaking the expedition to Antarctica under the Indian Antarctic programme, in the RH-Max Cell of the R&H Matrix. The rates of the RH-Max Cell recommended by the 7th CPC were less than the existing rates of Antarctica Allowance which is currently paid on per day basis. Considering the specific nature of these expeditions and to provide appropriate increase in rates, Government has decided to keep Antarctica Allowance out of the R&H Matrix and the allowance will continue to be paid on per day basis as per existing practice. The Rates of Antarctica Allowance will go up from Rs.1125 per day (Summers) and Rs.1688 per day (Winters) to Rs.1500 per day (Summers) and Rs.2000 per day (Winters).
Related to Your Search:
- Launch Campaign Allowance and Space Technology Allowance
- Recommendations in respect of some important allowances paid to Indian Railways
- Cabinet approval on 7th CPC allowances paid to Pensioners
- Cabinet approves recommendations of the 7th CPC on allowances
- The Central Governments decision on recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) on Allowances published in Gazette of India yesterday i.e. 6th July, 2017; All allowances are given effect from 1st July 2017
- Cabinet Decision on Risk and Hardship Matrix
- 7th CPC List of allowances along with modifications as approved by the Government of India: Appendix I of Gazette Notification
- Cabinet approval on 7th CPC allowances paid to Defence, CAPFs, Police, Indian Coast Guard and Security Agencies
- Cabinet Decision on 7th CPC Children Education Allowance