7th Central Pay Commission Special hearing for Defence Forces
7th Central Pay Commission will hear armed forces in the special hearing which will deal problems and issues of the defence forces. Armed Forces has also demanded separate pay commission or their representation in the 7th Central Pay Commission. Till date, Government of India haven’t accepted the demand of representation on the pay panel.
As per the latest news, 7th CPC’s terms of reference will have separate paragraph on armed forces which will be first time in the history of pay commission. Earlier, Armed forces has demanded better pay scale and allowances compare to their counterparts in the civil posts.
As per the terms of reference, 7th pay panel will check current salary structure, military benefits as well as retirement benefits. They will also consider military services hardship, frequent transfers and so on. They will try to review most of aspects of the military services to provide better pay scale structure in the forces.
It is one of the best plus point for Armed forces because Justice Ashok Kumar Mathur is also chairman of Armed Forces Tribunal who is currently headed 7th Pay Commission. So, he can better understand the problems and real issues of the armed forces to provide good pay structure.
If Armed Forces demand of special representation in the 7th Pay accepted then other specialized services will demand the same and it will lead to more controversial. Armed Forces has complained that their issues and problems not covered in the sixth pay commission. To overcome from this issue, 7th Pay Commission has decided to provide special hearing for Armed Forces to cover their issues and problems.
Ex-Servicemen are also not happy with all parties who have made promise in their manifestos to provide one-rank, one-pension principle. Thus, hundreds of ex-servicemen has already returned their medals to protest against the Central Government.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th pay commission ready to be implemented but Armymen, veterans not enthused
- Making para military forces as organised services
- Armed forces demand representation on Central Pay Commission for better deal
- Discrimination in Structure of Military Service Pay – Defence Minister Reply
- Reviewing Pay and Allowances of Armed Forces Personnel
- Government not to allow defence representatives in pay panel, say sources
- Armed forces again demand resolution of pay ‘anomalies’ with 7th Pay Commission
- First separate pay commission for Indian military: NDTV News
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission