Government of India
Ministry of Personnel P.G & pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Seventh Central Pay Commission’s recommendations -amendment of Service Rules/Recruitment Rules.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Departments OM No AB.14017/61/2008-Estt. (RR) dated 24/03/2009 regarding amendment of Service Rules/ Recruitment Rules in pursuance of Sixth Pay Commission’s recommendations. The revised pay structure recommended by 6th CPC and approved by the Government included a number of ‘merged grades’ with a common Pay Band and Grade Pay.
2. In order to regulate the service rendered in the pre-revised scale where there have been merger of more than one grade into one with a single grade pay, it was advised that a Note to the following effect may be inserted under relevant columns in the Schedule of RRs and under relevant provisions in Service Rules.
“Note: For the purpose of computing minimum qualifying service for promotion, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1.1.2006/the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th CPC recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay/pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Commission. For purposes of appointment on deputation/ absorption basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to 1.1.2006/the date from which the revised pay structure based on the 6th CPC recommendations has been extended, shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay/pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay/pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay/pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any upgradation.”
3. It has been observed that after implementation of 7th CPC there are only a few cases of merger/upgradation of pay scale. However in cases where merger/ upgradation of pay is recommended in the 7th CPC and the same has been accepted, there is a need to provide a Note on similar lines as above with relevant changes i.e. the date 1.1.2006 needs to be replaced with 1.1.2016 and “6th CPC” is to be replaced with “7th CPC”. In other cases the Note as referred above need not to be prescribed in the RRs/SRs where no merger/ upgradation are involved as per 7th CPC recommendations.
All Ministries / Departments of Government of India
Source: 7th CPC Ordes 2017
Related to Your Search:
- Seventh Central Pay Commission’s recommendations – revision of pay scales – amendment of Service Rules/Recruitment Rules
- Estimation of Basic Pay and DA after 50% DA Merger
- Filling up of posts of Deputy Passport Officer (DPO), Assistant passport officer (APO) & Passport officer (PO) in Passport Offices under Ministry of External Affairs (CPV Division) on deputation basis-reg
- Recruitment Rules, 2013, Group “B” Post – Section Officer in the Company Law Board, MCA – Notification
- Proposal for introduction of a Non-Functional Scale of Pay Band -3 with Grade Pay Rs. 5400/- to the posts of Postal Superintendents after completion of 4 years of regular service -Department of Posts
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Methodology – Detailed report with 2 Illustrations
- Amendment in Conditions for Granting of Pay Matrix Level 8 to Level 10
- Gazette Notification – Amendment in Rule-5 of Civilian Defence Service (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016