7th Central Pay Commission – Fixation of Pension of Medical Officers retired during 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated, the 8th November, 2017
Sub: Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Fixation of Pension of Medical Officers retired during 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017
In accordance with Rule 33 of Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972 the emoluments reckoned for calculation of pension include Non-practicing Allowance (NPA) granted to medical officers in lieu of private practice.
2. In the case of medical officers who have retired from 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017, the pension is based on emoluments which included NPA @ 25% of the pre-revised pay. Orders have been issued by Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide OM No.12-2/2016-EIII.A dated 7th July, 2017 for grant of NPA to serving medical officers @ 20% of basic pay w.e.f. 1.7.2017. Accordingly, the medical officers retired/retiring on or after 1.7.2017 are entitled to pension based on emoluments which include NPA at the rate of 20% of the revised basic pay.
3. The matter regarding revision of pension of the medical officers who retired during 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017 based on revised rate of NPA has been examined by the Government. It has been decided that the pension/family pension in respect of medical officers who retired/died during 1.1.2016 to 30.6.2017 shall be further revised w.e.f. 1.7.2017 by adding NPA @ 20% to the basic pay on the date of retirement.
4. The fixation of pension/family pension of retired medical officers in the above manner will be further subject to the condition that emoluments (i.e. Basic Pay + NPA) to be reckoned for pension do not exceed Rs.2,37,500/- (Rupees two lakh thirty seven thousand and five hundred only).
5. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their I.D. No. 1(18)/E-V/2017 dated 23rd October, 2017.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Related to Your Search:
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers
- Fixation of Pension of Retired Medical officers of AMC/ADC/RVC – DESW Orders
- 7th CPC on revision of provisions regulating Pension/Gratuity/Commutation of Pension/Family Pension including pensionary awards
- 7th CPC revised pension pre-2016 retired Medical Officers of Army Medical Corps/Army Dental Corps/Remount & Veterinary Corps
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables
- Expected Pension / Family Pension Table in 7th Pay Commission
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – inclusion of Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) in revision of pension of retired medical officers
- Doppw – Revision of pension w.e.f. 1.1.2006 of Pre-2006 pensioners who retired from the 5th CPC scale of Rs. 6500-10500 or equivalent pay scale in the earlier Pay Commission periods