7 day State Mourning to be observed in memory of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee and all Central Govt Offices across the country will observe half day holiday in the afternoon
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
16-August-2018 20:15 IST
Seven day State Mourning to be observed in memory of former Prime Minister Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
The Government of India announce with profound sorrow the death of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, former Prime Minister of India on 16th August, 2018, at AIIMS Hospital, New Delhi.
As a mark of respect to the departed dignitary, it has been decided that seven days of State Mourning will be observed throughout India from 16.08.2018 to 22.08.2018, both days inclusive. During this period the National Flag will be flown at half mast throughout India where it is regularly flown and there will be no official entertainment during the period of State Mourning. It has also been decided that the State Funeral will be accorded to late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee at Smriti Sthal, New Delhi.
All Central Government offices and CPSUs across the country, and Delhi Government offices in NCT of Delhi will observe half day holiday in the afternoon of day of funeral.
National Flag shall also fly half mast till 22.08.2018 in all Indian Missions/High Commissions of India abroad.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT Order: Half Day Holiday on 17th August, 2018 – Demise of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Former Prime Minister of India
- 7 days state mourning will be observed throughout India from July 27.7.2015 to 2.8.2015
- Tamilnadu Government Declares Public Holiday on 30.7.2015 Over APJ Abdul Kalam’s demise
- From birth to death certificates, one-page form soon for all government services
- Soon, a 75% hike in monthly pension for ex-mps- Will the govt. adopt similar attitude to revise Pension of C.G & State Govt pensioners?
- Raising flag every morning in KV Schools – KVS Orders including Do’s and Dont’s
- AIRF Secretary writes to PM about FDI and Privatization in Railways
- Voluntary exit under Atal Pension Yojana (APY) – PFRDA
- No Holidays for Central Government Offices – Funeral of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam will be held at 11 AM at Rameswaram on 30.7.2015