6th Central Pay Commission – Pension of Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) discharged from service on or after 01.01.2006.
Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated 6th February 2019
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Navil Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Implementation of the Government decision on the recommendations of the Sixth Central Pay Commission – Pension of Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) discharged from service on or after 01.01.2006.
The undersigned is directed to refer to the provisions contained in this Ministry’s letter No.17(4)/08(2)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 18.08.2010 as amended vide this Ministry’s letter No.17(4)/2008/D(Pen/Policy) dated 20.09.2012 under which a note below Para 3(v) of the ibid MoD letter dated 18.08.2010 was inserted regarding non-applicability of provisions of letter dated 18.08.2010 to JCOs granted Honorary Commission as Leiutenant and Captain.
2. Further, in supersession of the provision contained in this Ministry’s letter No.17(4)/2008(2)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 20.09.2012, letter No.1(15)/2012/D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 was issued under which it was decided that the provisions of MoD letter dated 18.08.2010 are also applicable to post 01.01.2006 JCOs/Ors granted Honorary Commission as Lieutenant and Captain with effect from 24.09.2012.
3. The President is now pleased to decide that provisions of this Ministry’s letter dated 18.08.2010 shall also be applicable to post 01.01.2006 JCOs/ORs granted Honorary Commission as Lieutenant and Captain. The notional pay in the revised pay structure for these ranks shall be worked out by adding pay in the revised pay band corresponding to the Fixed pay of Fifth CPC (in terms of Para 9(a) (i) of SAI 1/S/2008 as amended and equivalent instructions for Navy & Air Force)” plus the Grade pay and Military Service Pay introduced under Sixth CPC revised pay structure.
4. In view of the above, the note below Para 3(v) of this Ministry’s letter No. 17(4)/08(2)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 18.08.2010 inserted vide this Ministry’s letter No. 17(4)/2008(2)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 20.09.2012 may be considered as deleted.
5. The financial benefit in past cases shall be granted from 01.01.2006 or date of discharge/invalidment, whichever is later. In this regard, concerned PSA’s would suo-moto issue Corr PPO based on the data of post 2006 retired Hony Commissioned Officers held with them.
6. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
7. This issue with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Minister vide their ID No.10(15)/2015/FIN/PEN dated 02.01.2019
8. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. Of India