40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(Commercial Circular No.74 of 2018)
New Delhi, dated 14.12.2018
Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
Sub: 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens whose age are 60 and above.
Ref: (I) Commercial Circular No.18 of 2011 dated 13.05.2011
(ii) Commercial Circular No. of 52 of 2016 dated 29.06.2016
As per S.No.38 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26 Part-I (Vol.II) concession is admissible to Men Senior Citizens of the age of 60 years and above and 58 years & above in case for Women–Senior citizens of Indian Nationality. The element of concession is 40% for Men Senior Citizens and 50% for Women Senior Citizens.
2. As an interim measure till finalization of uniform policy by Ministry of Law & Justice, it has now been decided to grant of 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender (T) Senior Citizens of the age of 60 years and above.
3. This will be implemented with effect from 01.01.2019.
4. Other terms and conditions shall remain the same.
5. CRIS & IRCTC may make necessary changes in the software.
6. Necessary instructions shall be issued to the all concerned.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Director Passenger Marketing
Related to Your Search:
- Train reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens: Railway Board Circular
- Indian Railways Reservation-Cancellation Form (Updated Feb 2018)
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- Revision in fare of Children w.e.f. April, 2016: Railway Board Commercial Circular No. 71
- Concession to students in special trains/Coaches booked on Full Tariff Rates.
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Indian Railways Extends Concession in Fare to 50 Categories of Travellers
- Ministry of Railway modifies the passenger fare revision circular in connection with Monthly Season Tickets (MST) and second class suburban fare