4.5 PERCENT RESERVATION FOR MINORITIES
The below information was given by the Minister of Minority Affairs Shri.K.Rahaman Khan in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha on 22nd November, 2012.
The Hon’ble High Court of Andhra Pradesh in its judgement dated 28-05-2012 set aside the carving out of a sub-quota of 4.5% reservation to minorities out of the 27% reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs).
A Special Leave Petition was filed against the above judgement and the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in its judgement declined to grant stay of the High Court judgement and application for impleadment was allowed.
Further, Hon’ble Supreme Court observed that since similar issues were pending consideration before the Constitution Bench, the matters concerning the 4.5% reservation for minorities be tagged along with those matters. The matter is presently sub-judice.
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation for Minorities
- RESERVATION IN PROMOTION
- Reservation for persons with disabilities- Computation of reservation- Implementation of the SC Judgement: DoPT Order
- Deletion of MACP grant notice from 01.01.2006 rather than 01.09.2008 – High Court Order
- Reservation fro Other Backward Classes in Civil Posts and Services under the Govt. of India-Sub-quota for Minority Communities-reg.
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order dated 08.08.2014 passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court
- Government order on promotion in jobs to SC-ST employees set aside
- Benefits under the MACP Scheme from 1.1.2006, as against 1.9.2008, the date provided in the MACP Scheme – Cases pending in High Courts
- Reservation to OBCs in Medical Admissions – LOK SABHA QA