Number of PMJDY accounts closed is not centrally monitored. However, cumulative number of existing PMJDY accounts monitored by this Department, shows that the number of these accounts has increased since launch of the scheme.
PMJDY accounts are “Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account” (BSBDA) in nature and as per extant guidelines, there is no requirement for maintaining minimum balance in such accounts. Accordingly, no penalty is imposed on PMJDY accounts for non-maintenance of minimum balance.
This was stated by Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, Minister of State for Finance in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- 20 lakh people have joined the modified Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) scheme, total account holders 32.61 crore
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY): Facilities to be extended to the Existing Account Holders as Well
- Key Achievements and Initiatives of Department of Financial Services for providing Social Security and Credit to various sections of society and ensuring Financial Inclusion
- Central Government amends Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Deposit Scheme through a Notification
- Cashless health insurance for elderly likely in Budget
- Encouraging Railway Employees to enrol themselves under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojna (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna (PMJJBY)
- Payment of interest and maturity value of Small Savings Instruments through Savings Account
- Government asks banks to obtain PAN from account holders
- Aadhaar Card as Address Proof