3% Reservation in Allotment of Land to Physically Handicapped
Allotment of Land to Physically Handicapped
3% reservation in allotment of the shops/stalls is provided by the Directorate of Estates, Ministry of Urban Development, for physically handicapped persons. As per Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) policy, 5% shops/stalls are reserved for the persons with disabilities as defined in Section 2 of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) (PwD) Act, 1995. Shops are allotted at Reserve Price through computerized draw of lots by the DDA.
Office of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities has stated that it has not received any complaint regarding non-formulation of schemes for preferential allotment of land at concessional rates to disabled persons for setting up business, houses, etc., in Delhi during the last three years.
However, in 2003, Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities on the basis of a complaint received in 1999, vide order dated 27/06/2003 directed DDA to frame scheme in favour of Persons with Disabilities for preferential allotment of houses/land at concessional rate. Accordingly on 19.04.2004, DDA framed the existing policy for preferential allotment of houses/land to persons with disabilities.
Further on 09.10.2006, the Ministry of Urban Development (Delhi Division) reviewed the said policy of DDA and framed the existing policy for preferential allotment of houses/land to persons with disabilities in terms of Section 43 of the PwD Act, 1995.
Regarding the details of complaints received by Commissioner (Disability), Delhi, the information is not centrally maintained by this Ministry.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Sudarshan Bhagat in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- Allotment of berths under physically handicapped quota – Railway Board Order
- Recruitment against Physically Handicapped Quota from open market – disability certificate regarding.
- Reservation in promotion for differently-abled people
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (PRwD Act, 2016)
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Guidelines regarding change of cadre of Indian Administrative Service Officers appointed against vacancies reserved for Physically Handicapped (PH) category
- Recruitment of Persons with Disabilities in Indian Railway from Open market- Regarding publication of Employment Notices