No. II/94/Part I
The Member (Staff),
Sub: 20% quota vacancies in 7th CPC Pay Level-1 reserved for “Course Completed Act Apprentices” – need for delegation of powers to GMs to fill the posts promptly – reg.
(i) Railway Board’s reply to NFIR vide letter No. E(NG)II/2019/RR-I/5 dated 23/04/2019
(ii) NFIR’s letter vide No.II/94/Part I dated 17/08/2019 to the Member Staff, Railway Board.
Responding to Railway Board’s reply dated 23/04/2019, the Federation vide its letter dated 17/08/2019 has again conveyed to the Railway Board certain valid points with regard to fulfilment of 20% quota vacancies in GP 1800 Level-1 by Course Completed Act Apprentices of Railways.
Also check: 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table Level 1 to 5
NFIR once again re-iterates the following for re-consideration :-
- The 20% quota meant to be filled by Railways trained Act Apprentices has, in fact, not been fulfilled due to inexplicable reasons which are beyond the control of RRCs. This is causing adverse impact on the IR system as the vacancies in Level-l particularly in Safety categories of Technical Departments continued to remain unfilled while at the same time the Course Completed Act Apprentices of Railways are out of job despite the fact that they possess required skills for performing technical jobs in Railways.
- In Workshops and Depots/Sheds, the Act Apprentices (under training) are utilized by the authorities on regular jobs during training period due to heavy shortage of manpower, with the objective of achieving out turn targets fixed by the Railway Board. The earmarked 20% quota vacancies, if allowed to be filled under GM’s powers, the trained apprentices will have job opportunities and equally their skills will be of greater advantage for Railways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Another important factor causing negative impact on the IR system is non-consideration of Inter Railway transfer requests of Level-l safety category staff (Track Maintainers, Helpers etc.,) due to non-availability of replacement. Even the options of optees to different projects on Indian Railways are not being forwarded by the Zonal Railways despite communications from Project Organisations in view of heavy vacancy position.
- For ensuring quality and efficiency of Railways, adequate manpower possessing required skills is the need of the hour. The field position reveals that in Depots, Sheds and Workshops the staff strength is very much inadequate and for this reason, the GMs are required to be given powers for induction of course completed act apprentices against 20% vacancies in Level-l for meeting the exigency and urgency.
NFIR, therefore, once again requests the Railway Board (MS) to kindly re-consider the matter for delegating powers to the General Managers to induct Course Completed Act Apprentices against 20% quota vacancies of Level-1 posts as laid down in RBE No. 71/2016 dated 21/06/2016 delinking with the recruitment process of RRC. Federation may kindly be replied on action taken on this letter.
Related to Your Search:
- Recruitment of candidates from Open Market in Pay Level-1 of 7th CPC against 20% vacancies reserved for Course Completed Act Apprentices trained by the Railways
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale
- Eligibility for selection against 331A% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000/ Level-3
- Increasing promotion quota percentage for Technician-III posts in Diesel/ Electric Loco/ EMU Sheds in Indian Railways
- Filling up 50% of DR Quota vacancies through GDCE – Eligibility to staff in same Grade Pay/Pay Scale: NFIR
- Pay fixation in 7th CPC Pay Matrix level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC -1S Pay Band (Rs. 4440-7440) + GP 1300
- Eligibility for selection against 33 1/3% promotion quota of Ticket Examiner/ Commercial Clerk in 6th CPC Grade Pay 2000 Level-3
- Denial of option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix to the staff inducted from the post of Diesel/Electric Loco Technician to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot against 50% quota vacancies-review requested
- Engagement of Course Completed Act Apprentices as substitutes in Group ‘D’ on Indian Railways