Festival advance for government employees hiked to Rs 10,000
Mumbai: Keeping in view guidelines of the Centre, the Maharashtra government has decided to increase the festival advance of non-gazetted employees to Rs 10,000.
The advance, which was earlier Rs 5,000, will cover nine major festivals – Diwali, Ramzan Id, Christmas, Parsi New Year, Rosh Hoshnaa (Jewish new year), Buddha Jayanti, Independence Day, Republic Day and Sanvatsari (last day of Jain’s ‘Paryushan).
“Non-gazetted state government employees will now get festival advance of Rs 10,000 for nine major festivals. The limit earlier was Rs 5,000. Finance Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar has taken this decision keeping the guidelines of the Central government in mind,” an official from the state finance department said.
A Government Resolution (GR) in this regard has also been issued by the finance department on October 18.
“As per the GR, non-gazetted state government employees having pay band of Rs 4,800 or less will get this benefit,” the official said.
Related to Your Search:
- Restoration of Festival Advance to the Central Government Employees
- Festival Advance to Government Employees – Tamil Nadu Government Order 2019
- Special festival advance scheme for central government employees – PIB
- Extension of Grant of Advance – Special Festival Package to all approved category of Gramin Dak Sevaks – GDS
- West Bengal hiked bonus and festival advance
- Interest free advance amount Rs. 10,000/- as a Special Festival Package to be paid in advance to Central Government employees
- FinMin Order – Grant of Festival Advance to Central Government Employees
- Interest free Festival Advance to Class IV State Government employees during the year 2019-2020
- 25% of Salary to be paid as advance due to Onam Festival in Kerala