11 lakh accounts opened under Sukanya Samriddhi scheme in Tamil Nadu
CHENNAI: The Tamil Nadu Postal Circle has announced that 11 lakh accounts have been opened under the ‘Sukanya Samridhi’ or ‘Selvamagal Semippu’ scheme.
Introduced in January this year, this is a saving scheme exclusively for girl children. Parents or legal guardians can open an account under this scheme in the name of a girl child.
It is open to girl children up to the age of 10 years, but the government has permitted a grace period of two years more than the normal eligibility. Girls born from 03-12-2003 to 01-12-2005 are eligible to open accounts until December 1.
According to an official release, the interest rate of 9.2% per annum is one of the highest rates offered under the Post Office Savings Banks schemes.
Customers can open accounts under this scheme at all post offices, including branch post offices, where special counters will be opened.
Related to Your Search:
- Sukanya Samridhi Yojana Scheme: 1.8 Lakh Accounts Opened in 2 Months
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Vs Public Provident Fund: 10 Things to Know
- Launch of scheme for Girl Child named “Sukanya Samridhhi Account” by Hon’ble Prime Minister
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account / Yojana – Highest fetching interest scheme across all schemes.
- Minimum Balance Requirements In India Post Accounts and Other Details
- Government Savings – Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme 2019 – Gazette Notification
- Retired private employee is now eligible to open SCSS account after 55 years of age – DoP
- Tamil Nadu Govt declares holiday for its offices today
- Tamil Nadu State Government GPF Interest Rate 7.1% from January to March 2021 – GPF interest rate in Tamil Nadu 2021