10th Bank Wage Settlement Stagnation Increment – Clarification
IBA carries out amendment regarding stagnation increment in Clause 40 of Bank Wage Settlement dated 25.05.2015
IBA clarifies on Stagnation Increment under 10th Bank Wage Settlement for Bank Employees
Indian Bank’s Association
HR & Industrial Relations
June 16, 2015
Designation Officers of Banks which are parties to the 10th Bipartite Settlement/Workmen Union dated 25.5.2016
Under the recently signed 10th Bipartite Settlement, it has been agreed that employees shall be eligible for 8th stagnation increment on 1st May, 2015 or two years after receiving stagnation increment, whichever is later.
It has been further agreed that the period of 3 years shall be reduced to 2 years for sanction of 6th stagnation increment. Accordingly it has bee provided in the Settlement that an employee who has completed two years or more after receiving the fifth stagnation increment as on 1st November, 2012 shall receive the sixth stagnation increment as on 1st November, 2012.
In this connection, we advise that the financial benefit on account of this reduction of eligibility from 3 to 2 years for sanction of the 6th stagnation increment shall accrue on or after 1.5.2015 since the additional cost of such reduction in periodicity from 3 to 2 years has been adjusted at 50% of the actual cost and hence to be effective from 1.5.2015 (30 months out of 60 months of the period of the Settlement).
However under clause 40 of the settlement dated 25.5.2015 in ‘Implementation’ it has inadvertently mentioned as under:-
Stagnation Increment – 8th 1st May, 2015
In view of the adjustment of cost as 50% of the total cost towards improvements in stagnation increment/s this needs to be corrected and read as under:
3 Stagnation Increment improvements (5th to 6th & 7th to 8th Stagnation increment) 1st May, 2015
Member banks may kindly take a note of the above.
Dy. Chief Executive
Download IBA Circular No. No. CIR/HR&IR/XBPS/KU/919 dated 16.06.2015
Related to Your Search:
- Bank Wage Revision 10th Bipartite : Scales finalized – RBI cleared holiday for 2nd & 4th Saturdays
- Release of Stagnation Increment notionally for the purpose of Pension under the 10th Bipartite Settlement/ Joint Note
- Representatives of Bank employees meet FM on wage revision issue
- Bank Employees to get 15% increase in wages – Strike from 25th Feb called off – 10th Bipartite Wage Settlement
- IBA Clarification on Paternity Leave, Encashment on LFC, Re-fixation of Pay and Special Allowance
- PSU bank employees will soon get pay hike, arrears for 30 months
- IBA Official Minutes of meeting dated 23.02.2015 for 10th Bipartite Wage Revision – Bank Wage Revision from 1.11.2012
- Bipartite Settlement and Workmen Unions and Officers Associations on pending wage revision settlement issue
- BSNL EMPLOYEES UNION – Demanding settlement of the Wage Revision issue with 5% fitment