The recruitment process for filling up of 6,206 vacancies of teaching staff of KVs through direct recruitment has already been initiated and written exams were conducted in December last year, he said.
After the recruitment process is over, the recruited teachers will be posted in various KVs.
“In addition, action has also been initiated for filling up of another 4,473 posts through Limited Departmental Examination (LDE) with the recruiting agency CBSE,” he noted.
On vacant posts in KVs particulary located in Andhra Pradesh, the Minister said there are total 31 KVs functioning in the state and vacant teaching posts there were about 449.
Filling up of vacancies is a continues process and action is taken from time to time as per the provisions of the relevant recruitment rules, he added.
Replying to a supplementary query on the salary of contractual teachers, the Minister said that all three categories of teachers get the same pay scale and the government is now trying to employ permanent staff.
On opening of new KVs, the Minister said the government is trying to establish more such schools to provide quality education. The cabinet had yesterday approved opening up of 35 KVs.
The proposals for opening new KVs are considered only if sponsored by the Centre or state governments committing resources for setting up of these schools.
The Centre has received proposals for setting up of two new KVs in Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh and they were found to be feasible, the minister added.
Related to Your Search:
- Vacant posts of teachers in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Vacant posts of teachers in Delhi
- 20% teachers posts vacant in higher educational institutions
- Special Recruitment through SSC, Ministry of Railways and Department of Posts
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- Over 5.5 lakh teaching posts in primary schools vacant: government
- KV School: 10,285 teaching posts lying vacant in Kendriya Vidyalayas: Government
- Number of Kendriya Vidyalaya in the Country and Total Staff Strength
- Latest position of vacancies available in Railways