Uploading of RTI replies on the respective website of Ministry/Department – Dopt orders issued on 21st October 2014
At present, this facility is available only for Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), it is now being extended to other Ministries/Departments of Government of India.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi-1
Dated : 21-10-2014
Subject: Uploading of RTI replies on the respective website of Ministry/Department.
Attention is invited to DOPT’s guidelines on suo motu disclosure issued vide 0M. No.1/6/2011-IR dated 15-4-2013 whereby Public Authorities have an obligation to proactively disclose RTI applications and appeals received by them and their responses on their websites.
2. In order to facilitate uploading of RTI applications/appeals received and their responses on the website, a new feature has been added to the CPIO/FAA’s module on the ‘RTI online” portal on pilot basis for DOPT. This feature provides an option to the CPIO and FAA to upload the reply to RTI application and first appeal respectively on the website of the Department.
3. This feature is now being extended to other Ministries/Departments of Government of India. For displaying the RTI applications received in the Ministry/Department and the reply furnished thereof, by the use of the said feature, web services would be provided through a URL to each Ministry/Department by NIC/DOPT. The concerned Ministry/Department needs to consume this web service (by writing a program) to display the desired contents on its respective website. Accordingly, it is requested that the Ministries/Departments may contact NIC/DOPT (Shri Y. V. Ramana and Shri Manu Garg, Scientist D’/NlC — Ph- 23040281) for this purpose. An immediate action is requested so that the facility to upload the reply to RTI application and first appeal respectively on the website of the respective Ministry/Department may be started w.e.f. 31st October, 2014.
4, It may be noted that RTI applications and appeals received and their responses relating to the personal information of an individual may not be disclosed, if they do not serve any public interest.
DOPT, DOPT ORDERS, RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, RTI
Related to Your Search:
- Uploading of RTI replies on the respective websites of Ministries/Departments
- Securing the Personal information including Aadhar No, in RTI Applications/ Appeals in compliance to Aadhar Act, 2016 and Information Technical Act, 2000
- Launch of RTI web portal for online filing of RTI application – Dopt order
- DoE: Appointment of Nodal CPIO for RTI Applications and Appeals
- Uploading of Notified Recruitment Rules of various posts under each Ministry/Department
- Duplicity requests on RTI – Dopt advised to upload most often requests on the websites of all Departments
- Internship Programme on Implementation of Right to information
- DoPT: Intimation of vacancies in Under Secretary Grade of CSS
- Dopt advised to upload ‘Working Hours, Holidays, Public Dealing Hours on the websites of Indian Government