Vacant posts in Railways: Posts of Loco Pilot, Assistant Loco Pilot, Motorman and Driver
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
QUESTION NO 759
ANSWERED ON 28.11.2014
Vacant posts in Railways
759 Dr. Vijaylaxmi Sadho
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to satate :-
(a) the category-wise details of the total number of sanctioned posts of Loco Pilot, Assistant Loco Pilot, Motorman and Driver including top posts and the number of posts lying vacant against them, as on date, in Railways;
(b) the number of filled-up/vacant posts for SCs and STs therein; and
(c) the steps being taken by Government to fill up the above vacant posts, including the posts reserved for SCs and STs?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI MANOJ SINHA)
(a) The total number of sanctioned strength and vacancy in the category of Loco Pilots in the Zonal Railways, as on 01.04.2014 is given as under:-
Category Sanctioned Strength Vacancy
Loco Pilot * 43023 10726
Assistant Loco Pilot 41429 5526
Motorman 4116 868
* includes top posts of Loco Pilot (Mail) and Loco Pilot (Passenger)
(b) As per Government of India policy, 15% & 7 ½ % posts, reserved for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) respectively is ensured in every category on the Railways including Loco Pilots and shortfall, wherever existing is made good through Special Recruitment Drives.
(c) During the last three financial years, total 32916 persons/panels, of Assistant Loco Pilots, including those reserved for SCs and STs respectively were provided to the Zonal Railways. Further recruitment process has been initiated for 24109 posts of Assistant Loco Pilots, including those reserved for SC and ST respectively.
Related to Your Search:
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Guiding norms for imposition of punishment on Loco Pilots/ Assistant Loco Pilots in cases of Passing Signals at Danger (SPAD) – NFIR’s suggestions for further relaxation
- Ministry of Railways Announces one of the World’s Largest Recruitment Drive
- Recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission – Decision relating to grant of Additional Allowance to Running Staff
- Ministry of Railways extends the relaxation in Upper Age Limit for all categories
- Clarification regarding educational qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot (Diesel/Electric)
- Over 5.5 lakh teaching posts in primary schools vacant: government
- NFIR Filling up the posts of Loco Inspectors.
- Vacant posts of teachers in Kendriya Vidyalayas