Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Committee Secretaries 2012 on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen- Improvement in Pension of JCO/ ORs Armed Forces retired/ discharged/ invalided out of service prior to 01.01.2006.
Reference: This office Circular No. 501 dated 17.01.2013.
PDAs are aware that as per Para 6.2 of this Office circular cited under reference, special pension/ invalid pension/ service element of disability pension in respect of JCO/ORs discharged with qualifying service of less than 15 years and service pension of TA personnel would also need to be revised in terms of MOD letter dated 17.01.2013. Since specific tables for less than 15 years qualifying service in this regard were not provided in the ibid Govt. letter. PDAs were advised to refer such cases to PSAs concerned on Annexure “B” to the MOD letter. Accordingly, such cases are being referred to PSAs by the PDAs on Annexure 13′ for further necessary action.
2. It has been observed that in some cases with qualifying service of less than 15 years these GOI MOD orders are not beneficial. In such cases, either there is no change in revised rates or revised rates in terms of these orders works out to be less than Rs. 3500/-. Therefore, such cases are need not to be referred to their PSAs. These cases are as under-
(a) In case of ORs;-
In case of ORs (i.e., Sepoy, Naik, Havildar and its equivalents), it has been examined from the Annexure ‘B’ received from the PDAs that in some cases where Q.S. is below 15 years, the revised pension as on 24.09.2012 works out to less than Rs. 3500/-. Hence there is no change in their service element since they are already drawing the minimum pension. The cases where revised pension in terms of above cited GOI, MOD letter is worked out less than Rs 3500/- and the same has been stepped up to Rs 3500/- are as follows-
|1.||Sepoy & its equivalents||Y||6.5 years|
|2.||Sepoy & its equivalents||Z||7.5 years|
|3.||TS/ Hony. Naik & its equivalents||Y||6.5 years|
|4.||TS/ Hony. Naik & its equivalents||Z||7.5 years|
|5.||Naik & its equivalents||Y||6.5 years|
|6.||Naik & its equivalents||Z||7.5 years|
|7.||Hony. Havildar & its equivalents||Z||7.5 years|
|8.||Haviladar & its equivalents||Z||7.5 years|
(b) In case of JCOs:-
In case of JCOs (i.e. Naib Subedar, Subedar, Subedar Major and its equivalents), it has been found that there is no change in revised rates in terms of ibid GOI MOD letter except in Rank of Subedar Major in Group-’X’ in Army. Therefore, PDAs are advised not to refer such type of cases on Annexure to their PSAs. The cases which are not to be submitted to PSAs are as under:-
|1.||Naib Subedar & its equivalents||All groups||15 years|
|2.||Subedar & its equivalents||All groups||15 years|
|3.||Subedar Major & its equivalents (except Subedar Major, group-X only in Army not for Navy & Air Force)||All groups||15 years|
3. It is therefore, advised that cases of such type of JCO/ORs pensioners may not be sent to PSAs on Annexure ‘U. The payment of pension in these cases may be regulated at the existing rates at PDAs level and pensioners may be informed accordingly.
Related to Your Search:
- Reduction in Disability Pension for Soldiers
- 7th CPC Disability Pension
- 7th CPC recommendation on Disability Pension of Ex-Servicemen
- Disability Pension for Soldiers
- 7th Central Pay Commission: Resolving Anomalies in Disability Pension
- One Rank One Pension Arrears Table for various Ranks of Defence Pensioners
- OROP Pension Calculation – Rounding of Qualifying Service
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ ORs and Commissioned Officers) : PCDA Circular 568 on 13.10.2016
- Amendment of GOI, MOD letter No.1(2)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 30.09.2016 and revision of pension of Pre-2006 pensioners (JCOs/ORs and Commissioned Officers) delinking of qualifying service of 33 years for revised pension